Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came out in local newspaper....

The man who lost control of his dragster and killed six spectators at a summer festival in Selmer last year will accept a plea deal in which he will plead guilty to 28 misdemeanors and will not serve any jail time, according to a press release from a state prosecutor.

Troy Critchley is expected to plead guilty to 28 counts of reckless simple assault, with all other felony charges being dismissed, according to a court document sent from the office of District Attorney General Mike Dunavant.
In his press release, Dunavant said that the plea agreement "comes as a result of a written request received by the District Attorney General from the civil attorneys representing all of the victims who have filed civil suits" stemming from the crash in which Cricthley was involved in.

The agreement also states that Critchley cannot perform any exhibition burnouts, unless they are done on a track "specifically designed and ordinarily and customarily used for drag events."

The agreement does not prevent Critchley from being a professional drag car driver and performing drag car races.

Critchley's passport will also be returned to him so that he can travel abroad, according to the agreement .
Critchley will appear at a change of plea hearing, which has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday in McNairy County Circuit Court, Hutton said.

Critchley, a professional driver from Texas, faced multiple charges of vehicular homicide and reckless aggravated assault in last year’s crash at the Cars for Kids festival.

The dragster was being put through tire-burning stunts on an open city street when it spun into a crowd of unprotected spectators.

Those killed were Kimberly Ann Barfield, 17, of Adamsville; Brooke Lauren Pope, 20, of Selmer; Sean Driskill, 22, of Adamsville; Scarlett Rena Replogle, 15, of Selmer; Raven Griswell, 15, of Finger, and her 18-year-old sister, Nicole Griswell, of Selmer.

More than two dozen other spectators were hurt, many seriously.

No one else has been charged, but a review of a Highway Patrol investigation into the crash is ongoing.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
They can"t start the civil till the criminal case is closed. Notice the plaintiffs civil attorny's asked for the deal, not Critchlys. Good luck to Troy, god speed to the victims and familys.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I can almost guarantee the victims families are already planning their civil case to be prepared for when the criminal case closes.

Although legally it shouldn't affect the civil case, the outcome and plea might be used against him in the civil case.

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
I can almost guarantee the victims families are already planning their civil case to be prepared for when the criminal case closes.

Although legally it shouldn't affect the civil case, the outcome and plea might be used against him in the civil case.

I can tell you the civil case is about to begin . I knwo of one HIGH profile person already been served papers on it . I have been told the $$ amount is i think 230 million and also they are wating to sue every person or company behind each decal on his car :-Daw

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Its clear why this deal is being struck.. The civil cases are gonna make the criminal stuff look like a gnat on a dogs dick!! The attorneys for the victims just wanted this out of the way, it does nothing for them in civil court. The pleading in the criminal case, has no effect on the civil action, other then now they can sue the shit out of him..

Watch the shit hit the fan, this guy will have YEARS of sleepless nights.. I feel real bad for him, as well as all the victims, life as he knew it is over!

1 - 20 of 288 Posts