Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Monfrotto tri-pod. I don't use it for drag racing but most other things. Sturdy, reasonably priced, and tough. I've had it since April and abused the hell out of it so far. It gets thrown around and plopped in oil and still looks new.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
I have a manfrotto mono pod because I use to use monopods for video and kept breaking the $20 walmart ones.haven't used it yet with th DSLR because it's a pain to remove and hook up if you need a quick shot. I have 2 tripods and a gorilla pod also. I have mainly just used the tripods for mounting my flash remotely, and I did a few portrait pics for the family reunion with it. Otherwise I shoot handheld 99.9% of the time.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have a very nice Manfrotto tripod legs and head and I like it. I wish I had a different head, but it was hard to pull the trigger on that at the time. It's something that I don't use all the time, but when I need it, its great to have a good one and not some cheap POS. In fact, last night I was taking pictures of downtown Chicago from a friends 42 floor condo. I actually hung my camera over the side to get some shots that turned out pretty cool. I would NEVER do that with a lesser tripod, and I wouldn't have gotten any of my shots last night without it.

Sean

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I should have taken a cell phone pic, but I didnt think about it. I am not good with heights and I was freaking out a little because I had to go to the edge to check the shot and adjust the camera. It was funny though, I was looking at the city and said "I wish we were over just a little bit then I could get this shot better. I know what I can do!" Then she said something like "What hang over the edge" as I started to change my Tripod around so that the camera could hang over the side. She started freaking out and didn't think I was going to really do it. When I put it over the side she went inside. I was already freaked out about the height so I didn't think much of it at the time, but thinking about it now makes me nervous :) And the best part, I got the same shot (but better) from the balcony on the other side of the condo!!

I need to put the pictures up still, when I do I will post them here. I actually need some C&C on them since they didnt work out exactly as I would have liked. Also they aren't tack sharp and I cant decide why not. It could have been focus, in camera processing (I had noise reduction and something with long shutter turned on), or just wind moving the camera slightly. Looking at them at a smaller size they seem sharp, but at 100% crop they don't look as good as I would like.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts