Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sizeable Member
7,735 Posts
I saw some bad reviews on this thermometer but also saw where some guys had improved it's performance by opening it up and adding a wire to extend the antenna in the base. I bought it, saw the same lack of range that people had complained about, did the mod, still wasn't happy, sent it back. Some folks have had good results though so I hope you do too. I went with a NuTemp unit that has a base that can read 3 remotes. It works like I hoped the Maverick would.

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
watch the wire off the temp probe they will only take so much heat till theu shirt out. On a pellet grill its best to take it up to the top of the lid and bring it out there, they will live longer that way

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have had a few of the Maverick ET-73's in the past. They seem to work well but the range isn't all that great IMO. I did the wire mod to one and it worked great. I ended up giving it to a buddy and tried to mod another and it didn't work so I don't know what happened there. The new Maverick ET-732 is supposed to get better range out of the box, but since I already have 3 wireless setups I can't justify buying another right now.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts