Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many of you have the same issue.. weak battery due to not much activity. Can someone recommend on of those little tickle chargers that actually work. Thanks

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
I have one of those cheapo ones from harbor freight on my SS when im not driving it and it does just fine. Think they are usually on sale for $6 or something.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have the Schumacher $30 at Wally world. it's bn fine but...seen as how u posted, I think it took a dump recently. I put a volt meter on it and it has no out put. Unless it senses battery voltage before it turns on? Anyone know how to test one?

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I would get the best one possible if I were doing the permanent install in the car thing. No way I'd want a 5 dollar cheapo charger going tits up and burning my shit to the ground.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have the walmart schumacher deal and it works great. I put it on a red top that was struggling everytime I used it for a month or so and a week later went to use it acted brand new. Now I try to remember to put it on as much as I can and the battery acts strong everytime.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've had a Battery Tender for years....no issues and works great. I use it like an old whore on everything around here.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I use the battery tender. Got it at oreillys. I hook it up every time when put back in garage. No problems. Charges 2 yellow tops.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
I would get the best one possible if I were doing the permanent install in the car thing. No way I'd want a 5 dollar cheapo charger going tits up and burning my shit to the ground.
Me neither, but I dont want to mount one under the hood either. This just plugs in the wall and clamps on the battery, on and off in seconds.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Interstate Battery sells tenders that can be expanded to charge a whole shitpot full of different batteries. I'm sure they have a website.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I have been using that bullshit 9.99 HF one for about 5 years.I have one on my lawn tractor and one on my pick up.No problems to date

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,452 Posts
i use one of the small battery tenders , it just a wall plug and 2 leads coming out of it .......... i actually use it for the motorhom during the winter , it always keeps them charged .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts