Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the 363 245 head thread & didn't want to hijack. I'm running a TF -R low with a little port work & a Vortech Box upper. I've got an EFI Super Vic that I got in trade a few years ago, but no rail or elbow. Current 3250 fox chassis, 333, traps 118 mph with crap 60'. Has anyone switched out from the TFR to the Super Vic that can tell me what they picked up? What elbows have people run? Where did you put your intake air sensor?

·
Registered
324 Posts
If your engine has shift points over 7000 rpm the super vic will beat the long runner TFS intake everytime. I really don`t think we have enough information to give you an absolute. But I can tell you that on a NMRA 310ci efi renegade engine with a highly modified long runner manifold that would move more air then that out of the box trick flow intake they installed a out of the box Super Vic and it made over 90 more rwhp. On another renegade car just swapping form the long runner manifold to a out of the box Super Vic dropped the car over 3 tenths with no testing it would have gone even faster with some testing. Also these renegade engines are shifted at anywhere from 8600-9200 rpm. In Liberty Dan

·
Registered
347 Posts
Maybe with a 118 trap MPH....both intakes mentioned are too much!? Again, more info is needed...but 118 trap is about 375 RWHP?? Maybe a Holley Systemax would be a better choice??

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
333 SBF, 4.04 bore x 3.25, TW heads ported flowing similar to OOTB TWR's, TWR lower with Vortech Box upper, 90mm TB & 1-3/4" BBK headers. Current cam was set up so I could pass emissions which I no longer need to do. Cam would change if I changed the intake. Chassis dyno (yeah I know) 387 hp.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
where do you get 245 head at??? if its really 245cc port ,way too large for a 331.

guy here local had 331 with TFS T.W. 190cc fastcast heads, victor jr, hyd roller cam in 90 Gt with C4 runs 10.8's on pump gas. think it traps 124ish.

sounds like you got a missed-matched combo

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Ahh he was talkin about reading that other thread.

Take the box upper off and put the regular upper on. Or put a bigger cam in to match the intake, swap to some 4.30's or better and spin it to the moon. As it sits now, the motor doesn't have enough runner length for the way you have it setup. Prolly why it feels down on torque.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sir, no 245 head. probably 185. I was reading the 245 head 363 thread about switching to a super vic. Did not want to hijack that with my questions.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ahh he was talkin about reading that other thread.

Take the box upper off and put the regular upper on. Or put a bigger cam in to match the intake, swap to some 4.30's or better and spin it to the moon. As it sits now, the motor doesn't have enough runner length for the way you have it setup. Prolly why it feels down on torque.
I do have a 4.30 now. I've got the shortblock to go as far as the heads can go. I'll leave the super vic on the bench till I change the cam.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
That sounds like a plan. Gear and intake setup for one thing, cam for another. I bet it wakes up nicely with a new stick that's optimized for the whole combo instead of compromised for a tailpipe sniffer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if its going to be above 7k or so then use the super vic efi. plenum style intakes are mostly for low rpm setups looking for tq. that wont matter at 7500 rpms

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This season I'm going to work the suspension & clutch and get my 60' down. in the fall, cam & intake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts