Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my combination. I am not sure if I should go with the super victor port matched to the heads with a elbow and 90mm throttle body, Or go with the trick flow r-series lower port matched with a reichard racing upper intake with 90mm throttle body?
Thanks
ok so i made a decision on the heads
Know I don't no if I should go with a fuel injected super victor with and elbow or go with the reichard racing box with the r series lower?
Car is a 1992 Mustang
3000 Pounds w/driver
28-10.5 Slick
8" Converter(Car will more than likely foot brake to 4500 to 5000 Rpm)( MW Dual rear Calipers)
434Cubic Inch
Fuel Injected
14.5:1 compression
Cam(Solid Roller) unknow - but will be shifting the car at 7500-7800
Cylinder Heads Victor Senior with 2.15int(Titanium/1.60exh 301CC
T&D Shaft Mounted Rocker Arms 1.7 Ratio
Intake manifold??????????????????????????????????
Canton Aluminum Oil Pan with Kick out
2" Kooks Headers to 3.5in Collector
4.88 gears in the rear
Electric Water Pump and Fans
Wet Sump Oil pump and Billet Steel Timing Chain

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
Even leaving at around 4500 to 5000 due you think i wll loose a lot of bottom end. Speaking with wilson manifolds they said I would loose some torque at the bottom but would pick it back up at the top. Which i don't mind because I am not running that big of a tire and to have less torque at the start wouldn't be the worst thing
Are you currently running a similar combination

Anyone else have an opinon????

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I would run a carb if I were you, but since it is fuel injected, don't bother with a elbow. Spend the money on a 4hole throttle body and you will be much happier

·
Registered
572 Posts
84gt,
What type of 60 foots due you go and what is your combo if you don't mind me asking
thanks
Anthony
no problem....dart 427,diamond flat tops-12.5comp.,tea/comp cam .268/276,.705/.673,canfield 192 300int,200exh flow,pg 180,back-half 4-link,4.11,2900lb.,pms tuner,progressive 300 shot,60ft. 1.29, 31x10.5w m/t. my heads & 1 3/4 headers are hurting my times. i"m currently switching to 2" hookers & tfs/tea 245 highports. honestly efi will cost "some" horsepower but the tuneability with a pms & wideband is the shit. robert

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I currently have the pms and uego1000 on my 331 and i deffenitly agree with the tuneability.

You guys who are running the 4 barrel setup are any of you running mass air meters that sit directly on top of the 4 barrel? Due you guys have any photos of your setups ?
thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
I currently have the pms and uego1000 on my 331 and i deffenitly agree with the tuneability.

You guys who are running the 4 barrel setup are any of you running mass air meters that sit directly on top of the 4 barrel? Due you guys have any photos of your setups ?
thanks
those setups are probably speed density. it might work though if the hood is tall enough.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was actually looking at a company called mass-flow that sells a mass air meter(pro-m gm style) that sits right on top of the 4 barrel. I was thinking of using that and putting a hat/elbow on top of that and pipe to an air filter. I was going to call them and see if that is possible.
Have you guys every seen anything like that????

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I was actually looking at a company called mass-flow that sells a mass air meter(pro-m gm style) that sits right on top of the 4 barrel. I was thinking of using that and putting a hat/elbow on top of that and pipe to an air filter. I was going to call them and see if that is possible.
Have you guys every seen anything like that????
Why not keep the mass air in the current location and use a 4 hole t.b. with a extreme velocity carb hat like they use on the blow through carb cars. That will be much lower that the throttle body plus the mass air and then the elbow all on top of each other.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was told if I use a hat with the throttle body and put the mass air meter inline with the hat I would not get as much air flow to one side of the trottle body as the other. The reason for this is because a naturally aspirated motor is sucking and a power adder is forcing the air. Personally I don't see the difference between putiing the mass air where it orginally went. Whats the difference if I had a upper intake.
What are your opinons and is there anyone else who sells a mass air meter that sits on top?

Are any of you guys running the super victor with throttle body and mass and have photos?
thanks
Anthony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts