Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Tremec tko 600 one is new one is used. Am I better off to sell everything and go the t56 route or just use what I have? My combination is a 410 cubic inch windsor pump gas build hi ports in a fox body coupe, should weigh about 2700 pounds. Power should be 600 -650 hp. Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
TKO is terrible to shift. i think i could shift a dump truck better. I spent $800 with bob hanlon and it finally shifts into third but still not quite as good as a t-5.... my experiance with a 420whp car and a 270whp car....

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
I'd probably spend a little money in the TKO since you already have it. Get some bronze fork pads, carbon lined rings for 2-3-4 gears, bronze shift cup and modified shift finger. I just wrapped up one in the shop for a customer putting it into an old Ford truck. Should be a damn solid unit for the street.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'd go with the t-56 if i was going to do it again, it will give you some room to grow, you will be pretty close to the limits of a tko.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd probably spend a little money in the TKO since you already have it. Get some bronze fork pads, carbon lined rings for 2-3-4 gears, bronze shift cup and modified shift finger. I just wrapped up one in the shop for a customer putting it into an old Ford truck. Should be a damn solid unit for the street.
How much are these parts? How hard is it to diy? What do you charge to do this service?

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
How much are these parts? How hard is it to diy? What do you charge to do this service?
Rings are $200.
Modified finger $40
Bronze fork pads $75
Bench Labor (disassembly, wash, reassembly) $250

Shipping about $120 each way.

Thats if everything else inside looks good. In my experience with Tremecs, don't count on that being the case but when its finished, it will perform very well.

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
Does the t56 have all these issues?
Stock T56's have shift related issues that too can be upgraded to resolve. The new T56 Magnums are pretty well sorted out from the factory BUT...... you will need a lot of extra parts to get one in a Fox Body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts