Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a rumor about 3 months ago and told my kids that there was buryed treasure on our property, yadda yadda yadda...i made a map yesterday now im looking for ideas to bury like a mason jar? small keg....chest...i dont want to get too big my kids are only 4 and 6 i just wana have soem fun with them...
here is my map....

·
draggin' ass
13,415 Posts
I did this with my nephew and used one dollar coins.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I was a kid, my parents did something like this for my sisters and I at our place in Vt. They used a small lock box and a few hundred bucks in mostly change and some singles. The map had the key with it. If you wanted to drag it out, you could have the map lead to a bottle with a key and another map.

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
Great idea!! Have fun with it.

Denny

I started a rumor about 3 months ago and told my kids that there was buryed treasure on our property, yadda yadda yadda...i made a map yesterday now im looking for ideas to bury like a mason jar? small keg....chest...i dont want to get too big my kids are only 4 and 6 i just wana have soem fun with them...
here is my map....

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
very cool idea. A mason jar filled with 1/2 dollars or quarters would be awesome.

Maybe get a calligraphy pen & write pirate scratch on a "weathered" paper(stain the paper in tea, let dry in the sun & then write). Slight burn to the edges & some small burn holes in it. Then put it in the mason jar with they "booty".

·
Registered
745 Posts
I did this with my son when he was young. He knew our house was on an old Indian burial ground so the legend goes, so I went to Cabelas and bought a bunch fake gold, jewels, and arrow heads, and some small pieces of fur, and found a little box that look like a treasure chest and buried that. I made my map and wrinkled it up real good and burnt the edges to make it real old.

It was a good time.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Go to the bank and get yourself a couple rolls of the Gold dollar coins (if you can anymore). Hopefully they wont see the dates on the coins.

Rock Candy can be used as Jewels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts