Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
He needs to get it all in while he can.... Because one day all of those injuries will stack against him and he will be crippled. I am sure he is well aware that there is a tough row to hoe in his later years....

Glad to see it. He will bring some new fans along with him....

JW

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
He needs to get it all in while he can.... Because one day all of those injuries will stack against him and he will be crippled. I am sure he is well aware that there is a tough row to hoe in his later years....
JW
That guy'll end up jumping something in his wheelchair.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I remember when Pastrana attempted a backflip during a freestyle contest. It was the first one ever attempted in competition, everyone was shocked at what they had just seen. He crashed doing it, and still won the contest.

Now backflips are done everywhere, even by monster trucks.. And they all started with 199.

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
I remember when Pastrana attempted a backflip during a freestyle contest. It was the first one ever attempted in competition, everyone was shocked at what they had just seen. He crashed doing it, and still won the contest.

Now backflips are done everywhere, even by monster trucks.. And they all started with 199.
Not sure about competition, but Yanez did the first BMX backflip when Pastrana was still shitting his diapers and is credited with the first MX backflip, too. Hell, Mat Hoffman did a 180 backflip before Pastrana ever did one.

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Yanez backflipped an 80. Nobody would land a backflip on a full size bike until the early 2000s. Then Travis upped it with the double backflip.

Honestly, I think the front-flip is more impressive than either.
Even if you don't give Yanez credit for doing it on the small bike, I'm pretty sure Hart and other guys did it before Pastrana did. And it took 'em 15 years after Yanez pulled his.

I'll give Pastrana the nod for the double, though. Not much more technically demanding once you have the mechanics of the single down, but it takes a lot more balls. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts