Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Busy being a cunt
29,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transparent heat shrink tubing with adhesive. What's any good, what's not, and what are you using?

This is not for electrical use, it will be used to seal a low pressure oil line so the adhesive needs to able to withstand oil.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Busy being a cunt
29,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that something that you've used, or just a "cut n paste"?

·
Busy being a cunt
29,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jaycar sell it but I don't know if it stands up to oil.
I bought some elsewhere online, thanks.

I have not used these. Tube/line ID, pressure and temperature might be good info to share.
Thanks.

I would guess any talk of those being oil resistant is on the outside, not actually sealing oil from say a pipe from getting out.
I guess I'll find out, I'll mock up a test piece before I put it to actual use.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would guess any talk of those being oil resistant is on the outside, not actually sealing oil from say a pipe from getting out.
This. The adhesive is nothing more than hot glue.

If the wire or line flexes much, it will pull apart. I have to re-heat terminal covers on large cables every now and then, due to flex.

·
T/S 368E
28,331 Posts

Not sure of the application, but why is it too hard, expensive to do it right the 1st time???
I use all kinds of heat shrinks, patches & wrap on sealers, and if humanly possible, I always try to fix the issue,
before risking failure when this patch fails???
I've even used 2-3 layers before when the customer was being an idiot and didn't want to pay to have it done right.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts