Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Heard last night when discussing what fluid I will running that some of the guys are using John Deere's atf. Higher viscosity for heavy duty applications????

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Do any really work? The tranny in the plow truck is sluggish.
When the tranny in my Dodge truck stopped going back to first gear, when I came to a stop.. I contacted this place on line called "Just Answers"..

They put me in contact with some guy that was a Dodge powertrain technician.. He told me the first thing I should try was a bottle of Lucas tranny fix..

I sucked 14 oz of fluid out the tranny, and replaced it with the bottle of Lucas.. The Lucas has the consistancy of STP, so I was kind of nervous about pouring it into an automatic transmission..

After I got it all in there.. I drove the truck around for a bit, and it started to working properly.. Needless to say, I was sold on the stuff..

BTW.. That was over a year ago, and I haven't had a lick of problem since.. IT WORKS...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
When the tranny in my Dodge truck stopped going back to first gear, when I came to a stop.. I contacted this place on line called "Just Answers"..

They put me in contact with some guy that was a Dodge powertrain technician.. He told me the first thing I should try was a bottle of Lucas tranny fix..

I sucked 14 oz of fluid out the tranny, and replaced it with the bottle of Lucas.. The Lucas has the consistancy of STP, so I was kind of nervous about pouring it into an automatic transmission..

After I got it all in there.. I drove the truck around for a bit, and it started to working properly.. Needless to say, I was sold on the stuff..

BTW.. That was over a year ago, and I haven't had a lick of problem since.. IT WORKS...

BIG X2 on this one,,,, my 3/4 ton suburban was shifting weird and the lock up conveter was acting crazy...... poured a bottle of lucas trans fix in it and wallaaahhh.... fixed it, that was 3 yrs ago......

Lucas REALLY does make good.....(GREAT) products, and everyone i have used has worked just like it should......

I am sold on lucas products....also met a close salesman to forest lucas....and he told me He WON'T sell it if it does not do what he says.......... I BELIEVE THAT..........

·
Registered
41 Posts
BIG X2 on this one,,,, my 3/4 ton suburban was shifting weird and the lock up conveter was acting crazy...... poured a bottle of lucas trans fix in it and wallaaahhh.... fixed it, that was 3 yrs ago......

Lucas REALLY does make good.....(GREAT) products, and everyone i have used has worked just like it should......

I am sold on lucas products....also met a close salesman to forest lucas....and he told me He WON'T sell it if it does not do what he says.......... I BELIEVE THAT..........
I have tried it and it does work on certain applications, but as for not selling it if it does not do what it says ???
How does it renew a worn band ??

·
Registered
592 Posts
It does not renew bands or clutches, it aids in sealing without seal damage and gives better lubrication.
I'd say it does damage all the rubber seals as it makes them all grow.
Found that out with the kid's aod when we went to reuse an O ring that grew. But it does do a good job of resealing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It does not renew bands or clutches, it aids in sealing without seal damage and gives better lubrication.
I was responding to the post where the claim was made that forrest lucas would not sell something if it didnt do what it said.
On the bottle it states it renews bands!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts