Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with my 200r4 which uses a band to hold the direct drum for 2nd gear....... trans was done By a very experienced 200r4 builder and I always do a break-in procedure when I have a fresh trans to give the band a chance to wear-in to the drum if you will.... I made 5 passes with enough power to move my 3600# of stuff into the nines. Later on driving the car around I noticed second gear was on its way out........ I checked the tv pressures and all is correct, the unit has all the good parts you can get for a 200r4 in it including a large servo for the band apply........ All other gears are fine and shift as they should........Now this Is the first time I have used the redline racing Hi-temp trans fluid, the fluid looks and smells like new still, except for some clutch dust in it you would think the fluid is new still...... FWIW this fluid also tightened my convert up 300 rpm. the trans never got over 200* and converter slip was in the 6% range........ Input and experiences appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts