Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what is the recommended tranmission lines/hoses for a drag car that will meet IHRA and NHRA tech inspection. I can not find any information in the rule books. It is a powerglide with a pro-brake? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
My recomendation would be to use either standard braided hose or teflon. Stay away from the pushlock on transmission lines, especially when you are using a brake. We have had a couple instances of the lines blowing apart. The only downside of teflon is the lack of fitting options. We can crimp any combo of straights, 45s or 90s. If you need anything beyond that they are available in a reuseable, but expensive. Let me know if we can help out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think it really depends on how fast you run or what class you run.

I'm currently redoing my cooler and plan on running metal lines as much as possible. Any place where a rubber connection may be needed, use transmission rubber hose. It will say "transmission" on the hose.
Put a flare on the steel lines to keep a hose clamp on the rubber hose from sliding off. Double clamp each end for extra protection.

I've never had a problem going through tech with a setup like that. The only complaints I've ever heard from them is finding regular generic rubber hose such as fuel, oil etc used as transmission hose. As usual, you should never have any rubber hose going past the bellhousing area. Steel braid, hard line or a shielded rubber hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts