Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have them on their transmission or have any experience with them. What a PITA is here lately pulling the trans out and figured before I put it back in if I could use the Quick Dis-Connects on the two lines I would just to make it a little quicker. I just worry about something happening and one of them not sealing. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,380 Posts
They do have some restriction and the fact that they can possibly pop apart also comes to mind so I don't recommend them in any way. If your trans needs that much attention as to require quick disconnects I would suggest that gets attended to first.

Hutch

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I went through the same debate myself, in the end the unknown restriction they might pose won out and I skipped the idea. I took what I believe was Hutch's suggest to just put an AN connection 2-3 feet from the trans. Easy to break it there and cap it/loop it so it doesn't leak all over the place. Much cheaper than a set of dry break disconnects too. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I had a hydro shop make some short extension in AN sizes for me, they are about 12" long and allow me to disconnect easily compared to having to finger fuck my hands up in the tunnel to not fit on the trans lol.

Best part is the hoses i run are rated for 3200 psi so no issues there.

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea Kevin! I think maybe I'll go that route then rather then the dis-connects, they just look scary and the last thing I want is trans fluid blowing all over the place on a pass!

·
Registered
237 Posts
These look just like the quick disc. we use on plow hoses etc.
The only difference I see is alum vs. steel, which I doubt makes a diff. at these pressures.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Ive got a set from Sid Waterman,there is a locking feature on them different from the others.Restriction??I have to look at them for that! Work f-ing great!!!DR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts