Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a video of one of our dirt track assoc drivers racing a dwarf car when the driveshaft came apart and tore up the transmission at 12k rpm :smt103:smt103

starts getting interesting at the 3:15 minute mark on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVhhlHNq_Vg

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
jesus that little thing pushes like a dump truck till you get on the gas

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jesus that little thing pushes like a dump truck till you get on the gas
they're fun little cars weighing 1000lbs and hp just nearing 250hp with wild stroker motor combinations

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I know man they look like a riot but for guys like me and my pop over 6ft tall there are alittle cramped:rolleyes:.quick backround my pop ran asa in the 70's and local dirt for 15 years with me driving for two.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to give that a try!

they're alot of fun to race and we've got drivers that are 6'5" and they fit very easily into the cars .we've raced on 1/2 mile dirt tracks with speeds well over 100mph entering the corners and at 3/8th mile tracks we see lap times in the mid 16 second times . these little cars have all the handling characteristics of a non winged 360 sprint car with lap times almost a second slower than the sprint cars and carry the l/front wheel almost the entire straight before setting it down in the corners :yawinkle::yawinkle:

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man that looks fun... What type of engine? Sounds like a motorcycle.

yep motorcycle engines no bigger than 1250cc displacement and alot of teams will make stroker motors like taking a GSXR 1000 up to 1180cc's .depending on track conditions and rear gear selection most will stay in 2nd gear or 3rd gear banging the rev limiters .we used to run a wild small displacement yamaha R1 up to 14,400rpm and that little motor was awesome !!!!

·
from across the pond...
6,953 Posts
We have those style cars here with 1200cc Toyota Starlet motors. They race roundy roundy circuits 40 cars at a time.. They're called midgets funnily enough..:-D
Really exciting racing.

·
Registered
16,145 Posts
I watch them up in Ventura ca

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,964 Posts
COOL......I THOUGHT HIM DRIVING AROUND THAT STOPPED CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TURN WAS MORE EXCITING THAN THE DRIVE SHAFT!:p SLIPPERY LITTLE PHUCKERS!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
god fuckin dammit------that looks FUN !!!
they're about $15k to $20k turnkey ready to race and you can be competitive ....we've raced on pavement and a few have tried the nascar track at las vegas with speeds nearing 170mph !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts