Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: What OD transmission (auto or manual) options exist for a heavy vehicle with a high horsepower combo that sees a lot of street driving?

"Lot of street driving" = Hot Rod Power Tour, cruising to the in-law's house a couple hours away, driving 40 miles to work in traffic, ect.

It is becoming more and more common to see 1,000+ HP vehicles driving around the streets. For the guys/gals with heavier setups (4,500+ lbs), what over drive transmission options exist?

My current build is a 547 BBF w/ a mid mount 98mm turbo and MS3x. I'm shooting for ~1,300 HP in a 4,500+ lbs 4-door F150. I currently have a C6 transmission, but know I will want OD. I'm perfectly content with a manual or an auto with MVB. A transbrake would be great for the auto option.

Obviously, any street/strip combo is full of compromises. IMHO, though, a reliable transmission is a must. I'm hoping I can get that reliability with OD :). A L/U converter would allow more stall at the track, but keep the cruise RPMs down on the street.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Brian's Truck Shop 4r100 in my Duramax powered 69 C10. Truck weighs 4650 and dynoed 1106rwhp and 1800ftlbs. I had some problems with the input shaft breaking but he just had some harder shafts made. Only bad thing about it is it doesn't have a trans brake. I control the trans with a PCS stand alone computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts