Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my glide back from the shop after replacing the broken planetary. The tbrake solenoid pops in when you hit the button but it doesn't return out, like the return spring is missing or something. The shop is closed now so I'm hoping to find help on how I can get this thing working for the races tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't know the brand of the valve body/tbrake. But I'm guessing maybe I can unscrew the solenoid and maybe find something obvious (or obvious to someone that knows what they are doing) that I can fix. Any ideas? Or am I best off leaving it alone and bringing it back on monday. :(

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Was the car running when tested?
Just the obvious questions 1st.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Did it pop out before? You can pull it out with a magnet and try to get a spring from a hardware store, usually the end of the valve has a hole in the end you can fit one in. Needs to be strong enough to release the valve.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. I just decided to pull the solenoid off and then pulled the plunger out. The shop simply put the spring in wrong. I put the spring on the other end of the plunger and it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts