Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my powerglide refreshed and changed the 1.82 gears for 1.76.
New nitrous converter. When trying to stage the car rolls backwards when the transbrake is applied. Appears to be good 3-5 inches, enough to really mess up staging. New band was installed and will recheck band adjustment. But if it is not the band adjustment, where do I look next?

·
Super Moderator
19,350 Posts
Check the band adjustment forst,then inspect the solenoid to make sure its not bent or sticking . Make sure voltage and wiring to the solenoid is proper.
If it still backs up ,there is either an internal leak in the system or the pump is damaged.
Sometimes this is a difficult problem to repair.

Let me know what you find out, Hutch

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the band adjustment. The lock nut was loose and the adjustment screw had backed out or was never set by the trans shop. Adjusted band by turning screw in a little more than fingure tight, then backed off two full turns and locked with the nut. Tested it and all backward roll is out of it, but there is a slight bit of foward setteling. Am I still off on band adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
19,350 Posts
The adjustment is to tighten to 72 in/lbs or just snug is fine and back it off 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 turns. 2 turns is a little tight and it may cause the band to burnup when the trans is in high gear as it will drag.

Talk to you soon ,Hutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts