Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,so to start I have a c4 with brake. now this trans has always worked perfect and the brake has always held, I have 2 converters one is a 10" and the other is an 8 " but the 8" was for my other car which is down so Ive been using it most of the year. anyhow, I had the 10" gone through and the stall raised to 5000 so I figured why not put it in and get some tests for the end of the season but to my suprise I now cannot make it past 3000 without the car starting to move. what can be the cause of this? only thing changed was the converter, so did they screw me on the converter? keep in mind these problems did not exist with the other converter which I was leaving at 4000 a few days before. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked, checked, and no not a PA converter. brake seems to work to about 3000-3200 but it pushes through after that. again didnt do that with other converter. thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
I feel the trans has a problem. You won't see it with the 8" as the input torque at 4000 rpm is not the same as the input torque with the 10" at 3200 rpm so the car moves.

Hutch

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, that sucks lol I usually get the season before having to refresh. any how, even with the trans on its last leg shouldn't I be able to get closer to that 5000 stall when I floor it on the brake or is the slippage taking that much from it? basically my next question is since the trans is coming out yet again is there a way I can verify the correct stall before hand so if I need to make any adj. to the stall I can do it now while its out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts