Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a transbrake and was wondering on the use if its better to preload the chassis/tires before engauging the brake or just stage and engauge the brake?

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
people do it differantly..I stage at a idle and set the brake. converter has a lot to do with how hard it hits the tires.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i bring RPM up thin TB it. for line pressure only, u cant keep sup. loaded with TB on less u keep foot on brakes hard, and that kills 60'

Roger

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
i"ve used all of them. I personaly like Hipster. little pricey but seem to be the quickest on release. what kinda trans?

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
been busy in the shop sorry it took so long to get back but making that kinda hp is that n/a or with the juice? that trans is gonna need serious mods inside to live behind them kinda #'s Might think P/G or th400 JMO.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's on the bottle. I tore the trans down last season and all the clutches and steels looked great. So it seems to be holding up fine bow I don't know what's gonna happen if I throw a brake in though.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
u've got to take the trans apart to install the brake cause u have to make case mods and have to drill a bleed hole in direct drum. if u don't already have it (witch I can't imagine it holding 6-7 hun. hp with out it). u will need to have a HD intermediate sprag assembled on the direct drum. u can purchase this assembly from summit or jegs or poss from Hutch.If u don't plan on stepping up in the future(more hp.) than with the proper preparation it should work with no issues. I have several TB th350 out there running behind 6-7hundred hp 3000lb. cars. keep in mind u need a converter designed for trans break use. hope this helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts