Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pushing some fluid out of the JW cased PG in my car. I wasn't sure exactly where the fluid was coming from so I installed a fitting and vent hose last time I raced it so today I can clearly see it's coming from the vent. I was doing some back to back passes Sat in the late rounds and the trans was hotter than usual at about 220 degrees. I don't think it was overfilled but a friend told me to install a puke can on it. I have never seen that before. Anyone else have to do that? RM

·
Registered
134 Posts
Would you put the puke can above the vent with the line at the bottom and a vent at the top so the fluid could go back into the trans when things settle down ?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Not an issue...

I have been pushing some fluid out of the JW cased PG in my car. I wasn't sure exactly where the fluid was coming from so I installed a fitting and vent hose last time I raced it so today I can clearly see it's coming from the vent. I was doing some back to back passes Sat in the late rounds and the trans was hotter than usual at about 220 degrees. I don't think it was overfilled but a friend told me to install a puke can on it. I have never seen that before. Anyone else have to do that? RM
My Coan did the same thing, blew fluid out the vent and under the car after some pretty close together rounds. I make shifted a catch can out of a MelloYello bottle and made a couple hits, after 2 passes it was clean and works flawlessly now. I guess I had overfilled it a little and it had to get rid of the additional fluid. It's hot here in MS, so I'm sure that probably contributed to the problem.

Martin

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll install a catch can. RM

·
T/S 368E
34,436 Posts

It's required for us. I can't remember if it's by ET, 6-7 seconds, or class, T/S-Adv ET. Great idea.
I had an issue one time so I made a test pass with the tunnel off, so I could watch something. Face, suit, car, full of fluid when it blew!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,259 Posts
Mine is mounted up high so the fluid can run up into it and then drain back. The fluid goes in the bottom and there is a vent on the top.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that on the firewall. RM

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I put mine up high too, I used to puke some out when on the brakes hard (TH400) at shorter tracks, works like a charm and it drains back so its no maintenance at all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We've got a CSR can on there, line goes in the bottom so it can drain back.

Only thing weird, there must be some type of plastic baffle since we changed cans this year due to a large chuck of melted plastic in the old one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts