Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dedenbear Case Glide, 1.76 Gear with B&M cooler, # 6 Lines with the sensor in the line before the cooler. It's a 10 Clutch Hughes tranny with one of their 10" 3500 stall converters... The Red Rag they use to call it I think... LOL

On the street if I drive it easy on a cool day. it's 150-180. Recently on a 65 degree day, I just left it in High gear and rolled thru a stop sign, then excellerated slowly, fairly easy on the pedal and wow, the temp guage went up like the tach from 140 to 190 in about 2 seconds; I was surprised to see how fast the guage climbed. But then it leveled off just as fast and when I'm decelerating and it would fall back to 150 or 160. After a short Transbrake hit at the track; the guage reads 220 but again cools back off on the return road. Still getting use to having the guage in the car, but the temp really changes a lot depending on my driving habits. On a warm day at the track, I'm thinking 230 to 250 may not be out of the question. As long as it recovers back in the 180 range, that's all I'm really going to worry about. I wonder what kind of trans temps some of these turbo cars are seeing while spooling. WOW!!

·
from across the pond...
6,930 Posts
I wonder what kind of trans temps some of these turbo cars are seeing while spooling. WOW!!
As the oil comes out of the trans from the converter 900deg F has been seen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts