Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have a stock double hump x-member with a moroso solid mount. has new drilled hole in it to fit the bolt pattern for the PG fits nice. what i want to do is put a poly mount in. i have a ford one but cant drill the holes for the PG because the rubber is in the way. chevy style is not tall enough so trans is at an extreme angle. i want to try and stay away from buying a new cross member. if i have to make my own thats fine just didnt know if there was something out there i could use.

or is the solid mount ok. it is a stock case glide and was worried about vibration ect cracking the case

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
most of the aftermarket gm mounts come with three holes, so wheather solid or poly, just make a spacer and longer bolt to shim for the height u need to correct angle... did one two weeks ago for a x275 car going to valdosta race, it took a 1-1/6 spacer if i remember.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking that. i did see a energy suspension mount that had 3 sets of threads. what did you make the spacer out of. i was thinking a block of aluminum and drill the holes

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
i was thinking a block of aluminum and drill the holes

I made one from steel bar stock, dont remember the dimensions but it was like 1/2 think material.

Drilled two holes for counter sunk head screws to mount the poly mount. Then two outer holes to mount to the tranny. I did make a laser pointer to check the alingment strait to the rearend so there was no off angles

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mrtbolt your awesome. didnt think of the counter sunk bolt.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont need the crossmember. already had this slid forward and rewelded fits fine now just want to get a poly mount in there just like the pics above

1 - 9 of 9 Posts