Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered the front of my car with some drop spindles about 1". I'm setting my pinion angle and the transmission is actually lower than my rearend pinion. The driveshaft angle is point .2゚ up towards the pinion. The nose of the pinion is point .9゚ downward. If my math is correct it's still a point .7゚ downward pinion angle. I have never had the trans lower than the rear end, will I have problems with this? Foxbody mustang that runs 8.8s with a 1.2 60ft.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Idk how that Chinese looking talk above happenes, but the driveshaft is .2 degrees up towards the pinion. The pinion is nose down .9 degrees. Total pinion angle .7 degrees down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lowering your front suspension doesn't affect your pinion angle? You could take you car and stand it nose straight at the sky and it would stay the same, pinion angle is only in reference between your transmission center line and your rear end pinion gear centerline, you want the rear to be a negative to the tans, the amount depends on what rear suspension you run and how prone it is to axel wrap.

Read through this if you would like.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2556697

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the pinion angle never changes regardless of how high or low the front end. Does it make a difference if the trans is lower than the pinion and the driveshaft has to be angled up? My guess is it doesn't matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts