Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We race a car with a powerglide. It makes about 1300 hp. It's a hardtail dragster. We started monitering the pressure of the coolant lines and am wondering if this is normal. We noticed a spike in pressure at the shift from 113# before the shift to 295# at the shift. Then it gradually drops the rest of the run. I'm wondering if this is normal.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Thanks for the video Ralph. So what does that mean? It seems to be all over the place. Is that considered high? Low? Just right?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hutch is a little shy here.
Did by a pressure regulator from him a couple of years ago, that together with some instructions he send with did take care of similar problem on my transmission.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a simple test stand that I spin trannys on . I do not put a load on output. How much will readings change In real life ? I keep pressure below 100 psi , only had a few that I had to make adjustments on.

·
Super Moderator
19,578 Posts
I have a simple test stand that I spin trannys on . I do not put a load on output. How much will readings change In real life ? I keep pressure below 100 psi , only had a few that I had to make adjustments on.
You will never simulate real life on a dyno. At least your making adjustments.

Hutch

·
Premium Member
16,518 Posts
In our experience, never use stator bushing for converter turbine support, converter pressures are controled by orfice sizeing both supply and out flow side. Probably the most mis-understood dynamic in the business.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mr. Hipster when you see the input shaft has been rubing on stator tube with out bushing. Is front cover bushing worn, to loose or missing ? . Alot of people don't wan't to send in convertor until it wont work. Suggest that they make it a take apart so it can be checked and serviced, they say it cost to much. But when it fails they might have nothing to repair.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Anyone add to this?
I have a really good chart of converter charge pressure, line pressure, and RPM on a high 8 second pass using a TH400 if anyone is interested. Graph includes building boost on the T-brake and launch. Maybe this is old news to you guys and no interest in seeing it. I don't know how to post pictures on this sight.
Allan G.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a really good chart of converter charge pressure, line pressure, and RPM on a high 8 second pass using a TH400 if anyone is interested. Graph includes building boost on the T-brake and launch. Maybe this is old news to you guys and no interest in seeing it. I don't know how to post pictures on this sight.
Allan G.
To post pictures create an account on photobucket and then copy and paste your pictures in your post on here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts