Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a decent amount of room in my wheel well and it would be so much easier and better looking in there. I can see it being an issue with rocks and stuff but would any air even get in there aside from that? I really don't want to put it in front of the radiator. Anyone come up with anything interesting? where is yours? Anyone use one with a fan under the body? bent steel lines or braided with AN fittings?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems like a decent amount of air flows under the car. maybe ill make something for under there like an air dam or something and if it runs hot just ad a fan. If I am going towards the rear of the car will I be pretty safe with steel lines and flare fittings or is there a safety issue where braided lines would be better?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have mine mounted up in front of the passenger side front wheel. Ive got the B&M 70266 w/-6an braided. Fits perfect, 4th gen Camaro though........

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine is also in the passenger side wheel well. I made a mount out of some 5/16" rod...it is angled slightly to help facilitate airflow. I got the Derale Atomic Cool, and it is on a third gen camaro.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i'm going to try it w/o a fan and see if I can get away with it. I'm already pushing this gm 1 wire alternator as it is. Ive been driving the car with no cooler for a year now and haven't cracked 200 degrees with my th400. I'm thinking this new converter is gonna run a lot hotter though.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've got mine mounted on the drivers side inner fender well with the fan. I did cut holes for airflow and ran the cooler lines around the front of the radiator. I agree with the leak issue around the wheel well but i guess it would be about the same if I blew a line on the inner fender also. I run a 3500-3800 stall and see alot of issues climbing hills when I cruise around. Need to take the time to install a temp guage someday...

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
I've got mine mounted flat under the passenger side seat where the floor is very uneven. It still tucks up inside the frame rails, but the uneven pockets above it allow air flow. Its a B&M Supercooler and I will be using it with a trans brake, so if it seems to get hot, I will add a fan later, there is plenty of room. Mine is connected via -6AN braided lines with a temp sending unit inline and so far in cool weather, it hasn't gotten above 120 degrees on the street without using the brake.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have 2...
one under the pass seat(without fan),,
the other mounted behind the back seat in front of the rear end with a fan..
I used both braided and aluminum lines with an fittings..(braided to the first cooler where flex may exist..
aluminum lines to the rear cooler..) I covered the aluminum lines with split loom to protect them from rocks..
on the street with a 4k stall converter while on the Power Tour..it averaged about 140 degs..
only got to 170 degs crawling through chicago

without either cooler.. it would go over 200 degs in about 20 minutes of driving

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have mine mounted in front of the radiator. tranny cooler has a fan that pushes air into radiator and radiator fan pulls air in to it. i have them wired up on the same switch with relays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts