Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed a neal chance converter built for combo. c4 tranny with brake and the converter is supposed to be 5000 stall. motor is 363 sbf turns to 8000 rpm. we took it out last night for first time. on the 2 step this converter would go to over 5500. and leave good but once down traqck everytime we went to 2nd gear it would blow fluid out the seap hole in tranny.

my ?s is this car has 3.73 from preivious combo. are we not running enough gear to keep rpm up for this converter and its overheating fluids. or could somthing be wrong with tranny. with a art car 3800 nitrous converter it never had this problem but was behind dif engie.would only run [email protected] last night with 1.50 60ft and going through traps at 7000 in only 2nd gear. could the convert be too loose or the grear need to change will fix it

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you drop the rear gear, the converter will slip even more and loosen it. Blowing fluid out sounds like an internal problem to me. If it didn't do it before with a different engine, could be rpm sensative..was the other engine lower rpm? For an 8k engine, flashing to 5,500 off the bottle, and about 6k on the bottle you should be good. If its a bigger hit, I would run a bit tighter in the converter and aim for an overall leave rpm of 5-5200 on the hit.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the old engine ran to 6500 on a 200 hit. this motor is on motor now and may have a 150 shot down the road but build for all motor. the converter is a 9" brand new from new chance. its supposed to stall 5000 but off the chip went to 5500.but with 3.73 gears he was going through the traps at 7000 in 2nd gear with another one to go. i though maybe the converter was in the stall all the way down the track and was over heatcing the tranny. plus it did this everytime he went into 2nd gear.

do you think going to a 4.30 gear will help any at all since its not even goingitno 3rd

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok we will def put a puke can on it.sinc ethis thing only ran 7.0s do yall think a higher gear will help alot. it leaves at 5500 but was bogging a little. only went 1.51 60ft. and has been 1.40 60fts on old motor and nitrous. this motor makes about same power to rear wheels as old motor plus this converter is alot looser and stalls 1500 rpm higher. i figured 1.4s on motor easy

·
Super Moderator
19,777 Posts
Honestly , if your turning that motor to 8000 rpm you need more than 5500 stall to get it to run hard on motor alone. You can try some gear and see if it helps. Get a puke tank on that track oiler.

Hutch

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
If I fill my c4 full it will spit a little fluid out.
Tim

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
little update. went to 4.30 and puke tank. it went 6.8s at 103 but was still cutting 1.5 60fts leaving at 5500. but no more puking and goes through the traps in 3rd gear finally around 6500. hopefully a little 150-200 shot will wake it up and get some low 6s high 5s out of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts