Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
spoolin...
4,394 Posts
Dad used to crew and built motor for a guy had a 48' gooseneck that had a bed and two recliners. More then enough room for the three of us. Chairs laid back enough to sleep in. Actually pretty nice had a tv and everything lol back in the day

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Depends on amount of people, the layout, etc. Also take into account the split. I have a golf cart also, so I wanted to stick with 28' minimum.

I just went from a 28' to a 48'(28' cargo, 20' living) and I definitely wouldn't get any smaller than 48'. It's the perfect size for 2-3 people. Love it, BTW. Way better than driving home every night!

Here's a few pics to see the layout......

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on amount of people, the layout, etc. Also take into account the split. I have a golf cart also, so I wanted to stick with 28' minimum.

I just went from a 28' to a 48'(28' cargo, 20' living) and I definitely wouldn't get any smaller than 48'. It's the perfect size for 2-3 people. Love it, BTW. Way better than driving home every night!

That is really nice...you sleep on the upper part past the steps?? Thinking thats the way to go cheaper then a motor home

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
That is really nice...you sleep on the upper part past the steps?? Thinking thats the way to go cheaper then a motor home
Yep.....the previous owner just used an air mattress, but I have normal mattresses up there now.

I agree 100% it's better than a motorhome in my case. For the amount of money I wanted to spend, I could either get a late 80's/early 90's motorhome, or an '04-'06 48' trailer. Everything is way newer on the trailer(appliances, plumbing, etc.), so you really shouldn't have many problems, if at all. Where as with an '85-'95 motorhome, everything is 10-20 years older and that's when stuff stops working....and nothing is cheap to replace in the RV industry. Not to mention the whole drive-train you have to worry about/service, compared to a trailer. And, I already had the truck so it was a no brainer to me..... AND a late model truck will pull a 48 footer WAY better than an older RV will pull a 28' trailer. Better on fuel, get there quicker, etc.

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i was thinking a motorhome or toter is out of mu budget but im thinking a trailer could be had for a great deal if i wait..im in no hurry when the deal comes along ill grab it..just have to watch what will fit in my driveway..i can get it in just dont want to be tearin up the neighbors grass...may have to blind side it in to stay on my property..ill worry about that later...Thanks and i do like the sliders too

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Thats really nice if you dont mind me askin can you give a ballpark figure for a trailer like that

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a 44' Cargo Mate with "weekender" package - not a true living quarters but has a bathroom w/ separate shower/toilet, sink, bed, TV etc. I use a curtain to divide the sleeping area from the cargo but you could put a door in there. With options (AC, Onan, alum. floor etc.) I'm into it for 26k new. Best part is using the dually to run to town if needed. Works for me........:cool: JB

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
if you have an 8' box,i had a 28' tag and a screw up camper that went in the back of the truck. I liked it because if you wanted to go camping of fishing for the weekend you could and not drag the trailer along. Mine had a shower toilet complete kitken and slept 4. Just a thought.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
if you have an 8' box,i had a 28' tag and a screw up camper that went in the back of the truck. I liked it because if you wanted to go camping of fishing for the weekend you could and not drag the trailer along. Mine had a shower toilet complete kitken and slept 4. Just a thought.
forgot all about those....just might look into that as well

1 - 20 of 113 Posts