Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does your state handle renewing trailer tags and what is the typical fee? Our truck plate renewal and trailer plate renewal both arrived in the mail today ... and they were almost the same amount! We have a 2019 open trailer that we paid about $3500 for new and the renewal is about $76 a year ... which is the same as our 2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ Duramax ... which has a book value of slightly more than $3500. I thought Texas did those figures off the value of the vehicle? Not really complaining about the cost to renew the truck but the trailer seems high ... to do that EVERY year.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Newly elected state Illinois Democrates just raised every license fee by an average of $100 I am told. My 7' X 14' single axle flat bed utility trailer supposedly went from $18 to $118. It is just the beginning here. State is broke and we soon will be.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just renewed my 03 2500 and 24’ enclosed today it was a $140 for both. It would have been 10 more if I wanted new plates

·
Registered
62 Posts
In Michigan we pay $75.00 for our trailer plates which is lifetime to the trailer as long as you are the owner. The plates cannot be transferred to another trailer and cannot be used by the new owner. Of course we all bitched when this new rate went into affect.More money.I have a 1994 Haulmark 24' enclosed in like new condition,over the past 25 years of ownership it's cost me $75.00,so now I'm ok with it. Of course the state is thinking they need to change the rules again.More money of course. Thanks, Tom..

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
$156.00 for the F250 CC for one year, $60.00 for the Pace 28ft for 5 years. Pa also has annual safety inspections for both and emmisions for the truck for another $120.00

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,603 Posts
How does your state handle renewing trailer tags and what is the typical fee? Our truck plate renewal and trailer plate renewal both arrived in the mail today ... and they were almost the same amount! We have a 2019 open trailer that we paid about $3500 for new and the renewal is about $76 a year ... which is the same as our 2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ Duramax ... which has a book value of slightly more than $3500. I thought Texas did those figures off the value of the vehicle? Not really complaining about the cost to renew the truck but the trailer seems high ... to do that EVERY year.
Yeah? I"ll give you $4000 cash for it, when you want me to come get it!!!

My 30ft TAG is $23 a year. Bet my other trailers are the same or less. This is a tri-axle and I registered it for 15K lbs. The other two are dual axle enclosed, one is rated for 12K lbs, not sure of the little trailer.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Here you can buy a permanent tag for about $100 or do a yearly tag, you can pick either one. Most here never tag a trailer. I tag mine as I go out of state and don't need the hassles. besides it gives you a clear title in your name so selling is straight forward.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
MD is every 2 years, flat fee, no re-inspection.

My open car trailer would be $120? every 2 years.....unless it was raised.

I went with Maine tags @ $100 for 5 years ;)

·
T/S 368E
27,752 Posts

In illinois, a RV plate is much much cheaper, so many of us build a small section to qualify as a RV.

You need self power, battery;s & inverter.
Heat, any kind.
Cooking, I have a single burner hot plate.
Toilet, I have a bucket buddy.
Water, one of those 5-10 gallon camping set up's.
Sleeping, air mattress.

They give you something like 9 requirements and you must have 5 of the 9??

Of course as mentioned, the fat POS slob just raised every thing $100 a year.
Not once has a POS liberal ever thought about cutting spending, just steal more & more!!!

·
RED ROCKET
8,628 Posts
its like 125 a year for my 3 axle enclosed trailer...bought tags for our mitsubishi suv and they were dam near as much as the dually..doesn't make sense...farm trailer tags are 7bucks for the living 1/4 horse trailer and for my 20ft open trailer..wish we had the permanent plate option in texas.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its like 125 a year for my 3 axle enclosed trailer...bought tags for our mitsubishi suv and they were dam near as much as the dually..doesn't make sense...farm trailer tags are 7bucks for the living 1/4 horse trailer and for my 20ft open trailer..wish we had the permanent plate option in texas.
Is is possible to get a farm tag for our open trailer if we don't live on/own a farm? $7 per year sounds much better than almost $80.

·
Registered
998 Posts
In New Mexico, you can buy a permanent trailer plate. If trailer under a certain weight ( I think 10,000), you can spend a little more and buy a perm plate for life.

I think I paid $120 or something for one of my smaller trailers. one time fee for plate. Im worried about theft of plate though, not sure if it would need re buying. Even if it does, I figure teft every 5 or so years still not much to replace plate.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can do it until someone puts your address in google earth!
Sounds like I need to buy some ceramic chickens and such along with some bales of hay.

Not worth the effort ... I'll just pay the $70 each year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts