Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few posts on here about trailer security.

What does everyone do with their trailers for security whether in storage or hooked up to their rig ready for a trip?

People say the thief will get it if they want it. Are all the devices made to just slow the thief down and track once it is gone?

Thanks for your input and discussion.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I use heavy duty locks, Commercial grade with bolt protectors, and two locks on the hitch. Plus then when it's a sitting target where I park it, it's between some heavy duty trailers (cant moved with a pickup or bobcat), and a dozer in front of it that's locked. So yes they may get it but they'll have to work their ass off.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I kept an old cell phone (plugged in) hidden in the top cabinet of my trailer. I have a GPS tracking device on my cell, and laptop, and could track it within minutes of knowing it was missing.

They can get around almost anything IF they want. A car alarm (with battery) works well for the doors and movement, but you have to have the battery, and charge it as needed.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kept an old cell phone (plugged in) hidden in the top cabinet of my trailer. I have a GPS tracking device on my cell, and laptop, and could track it within minutes of knowing it was missing.

They can get around almost anything IF they want. A car alarm (with battery) works well for the doors and movement, but you have to have the battery, and charge it as needed.
Excellent idea. Is it just a regular cell phone and what kind of software do you have on the laptop to do the tracking?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts

X2

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
I run a chain through the wheels with a lock as well as I park in front of mine. They have to steal my car, move it, cut the chain on the trailer, break the lock on the coupler, and hook up to it. By this time I would already be outside

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
cameras on my driveway / garage, locks for the trailer, police take notice to my stuff because they all know me and I live in a small area. My driveway is well lit, and I back the trailer right up to a retaining wall so it cant be acessed from the rear and I snug it tight to the garage on the right so the man door cant be opened. The only way they cound get my trailer is to get my truck and its loud and its alarmed. if someone can do all that without getting the 12 gauge out the bedroom window I guess they deserve it...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I have wireless detectors that go directly to my home alarm system. It moves, I know it. Open a door, I know it. Make noise getting near it, two large dogs know it.

I never unhook it at a racetrack unless the car is locked & disabled and parked beside or infront of the trailer. Their gonna have to do some work to get either one. It's never gonna be a simple snatch and go with everythign neatly packaged up for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts