Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking for a trailer, enclosed or rollback, but get conflicting stories & opinions from locals here trying to seel me stuff I figured independents opinions may be best. Sooooooo, if anyone would like to contribute their .02, perhaps with pics I'd appreciate it. SPecs & the reason for your choice (brands, size, etc.) would sure be helpful. Thanks........

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've been looking for quite some time as well. Depends on your budget. If it's high then an ATC is what you should be looking at. There are allot of nice looking trailers out there. Although many of them are junk. Have a close look at the way they are constructed. The fllor, walls and roof should be no more than 16" o/c. Undercarrige should be properly primed and painted. Exterior should be at least 0.030 and Luan is garbage. The list is endless.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now, I need one that is long enough for an Altered (125in WB) but stout enough for a door car (A-body Mopar) that would give me room for support equipment. I'm thinking something in the 24-28ft length, with the usual stuff init, but I don't know which manufacturer or dealer could give me the best bang-for-the-buck......

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,434 Posts
Buy a used one, thats the best bang for your buck. My last enclosed 24 ft was a Haulmark Bracket master, a great trailer. I now use a 20 ft open to haul my altered, wish I still had the enclosed though for security reasons.

·
TD 3550
2,960 Posts
I have a good friend that has an altered like above. Along with the car and the golf cart on a 28 Ft'r it's still tight.
Has to back the car in.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy a used one, thats the best bang for your buck. My last enclosed 24 ft was a Haulmark Bracket master, a great trailer. I now use a 20 ft open to haul my altered, wish I still had the enclosed though for security reasons.
My Altered is similiar in looks to yours & I THINK a 28ft could accomodate me, albeit it'd be a tight fit. I'm wondering what specs the trailer should have to help insure durability without requiring a deuce-and -a-half to haul it....

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
I'm pretty satisfied with my Storm-Cyclone. Built tuff.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That thread in the "technical " section helps alot in terms of specific trailer issues, so it does help , thanks. SO it seems I'm looking at a searching for a used, 26-30ft, tag, .045 exterior paneling, no dovetail, exterior lights, torsion bar axles with electric brakes, 16in wheels. That said, anyone know a dealer that'll work with me in the SW that'll actually listen to a customer?

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
That thread in the "technical " section helps alot in terms of specific trailer issues, so it does help , thanks. SO it seems I'm looking at a searching for a used, 26-30ft, tag, .045 exterior paneling, no dovetail, exterior lights, torsion bar axles with electric brakes, 16in wheels. That said, anyone know a dealer that'll work with me in the SW that'll actually listen to a customer?
See if Interstate is still in business. Spec it the way you want and pick it up right from the factory in Kingman.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
http://www.intechtrailers.com/index.php this place has some nice stuff. I run a 28ft W&M with my camaro and a golf cart ad sure I would of liked a 32 the 28 did just fine. You couldn't give me a cheap trailer, team spirit was mentioned above and that was the biggest pile of shit trailer I looked at, fit and finish sucked, but it was cheap. Just remember to get get big axle's 5,200 should be the minimum.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been following everyone's advice and have spent the past several hours combing through trailer websites. I think I may have a pretty good idea of what I need now, thanks all. Now I need to select a manufacturer as a used one just like I'd want may force me to have to wait a good, long while as I just haven't seen anything on "racingjunk" where I usually look. This seems harder than looking for a car!:confused:.
One more question----why do all these manufacturers seem to be in the Midwest?????

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
I've been following everyone's advice and have spent the past several hours combing through trailer websites. I think I may have a pretty good idea of what I need now, thanks all. Now I need to select a manufacturer as a used one just like I'd want may force me to have to wait a good, long while as I just haven't seen anything on "racingjunk" where I usually look. This seems harder than looking for a car!:confused:.
One more question----why do all these manufacturers seem to be in the Midwest?????
Dude, I got my 24 from these guys. They have 3 locations in AZ and they have a factory in Kingman, AZ.

http://www.trailersplus.com/Virginia/Warrenton/car_haulers.php?&Category=EcoCC

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i am in ky, we sell bravo and vintage trailers. most everything we sell we order.
if you cant find anyone closer give us a call. we will try to help in any way we can.

wheatley motor co
270-422-2204
ask for patrick, he is my son and takes care of all trailer orders.
we have got a couple in stock that might fit the bill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts