Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what have you guys used with success in the past. im thinking about the roof cement they sell at home depot. its a polyurethane that never completely hardens.

I also have some stuff called np1 that pour bricklayers at work use to seal cracks in expansion joints. anybody have a better solution?

·
Registered
884 Posts
What kind of roof? Metal or rubber? You can get specific RV roof sealers (rubber roof) in a caulk that self level for seams etc.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an aluminum roof. It looks like there was some kind of rubberized roof seal on there but it cracked and water has started to pull through.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
It's an aluminum roof. It looks like there was some kind of rubberized roof seal on there but it cracked and water has started to pull through.
I have tried and found all those magic in a can wont work very well. They either turn black from dirt and streak your trailer or after a year it starts to crack and water enters into the trailer. Check this posting as I have gone into a good detail. But the final choice is yours.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595801

Chuck
PAE

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried and found all those magic in a can wont work very well. They either turn black from dirt and streak your trailer or after a year it starts to crack and water enters into the trailer. Check this posting as I have gone into a good detail. But the final choice is yours.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595801

Chuck
PAE
Thanks. I thought about using the aluminum tape that hvac guys use. It's extremely strong but the thing is I'm not sure the adhesive will hold up to the sun beating down on it. I have two different types of urethane caulks I might try. I think what's happening is the trailer flexes just enough for the caulk to break the seal and boom. Leak.

·
Registered
927 Posts
We usually use a self leveling roof sealant, common on most trailers. Should be available from about any race trailer dealer.

·
Registered
14,044 Posts
what have you guys used with success in the past. im thinking about the roof cement they sell at home depot. its a polyurethane that never completely hardens.

I also have some stuff called np1 that pour bricklayers at work use to seal cracks in expansion joints. anybody have a better solution?

Holla at me nukka. I did 2 this summer with excellent results.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coo. Ill give you a shout after I drop the kid off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts