Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some house cabinets from a friend and want to put them in my trailer. They are the over head ones. How long of a screw should I use to mount these things or is there some other way to mount them other than screws. I dont want it to come out the other side.

Thanks
Jim

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
Can you measure the thickness of the trailer walls? Maybe by the door opening? Then measure the cabinet thickness and that should give you an idea.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
What Monson said and just look at where the beams are form the screws in the interior wall covering and make sure you hit those. Metal studs in most trailers so you get plenty of screws (I used lags in real heavy stuff) and it should do fine. I prolly overdo it but don't want that shit falling on my car.

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
Maybe remove a screw that is in the wall, measure it, and add some thread length for cabinet thickness.

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts

I know it might seem overkill. I went all the way through. Used stainless steel carriage bolts & rubber washers to seal out water.
As mentioned, I did not want a cabinet falling on my fiberglass, & now my carbon fiber.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The couple trailers I worked on used a 1 inch U shaped bent metal wall joist. You could drill a small hole then measure how long a screw will work yet not go through. The roof joist were made different but still a stamped steel. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts