Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 32' 2 axle tag, and tow it with a 98 dodge dually. There is nothing in the trailer right now, and I want to block off the front 8 ' the make a lounge. If I do that I will need load my 3000 lb 90 camaro 3 foot off set forward or behind the axle center line, to fit my golf cart in also. Will that be a big deal or should the car be centered over the axles?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I would make the lounge first then try moving the car around to see where the weight works best.There are to many veriables to give you an answer.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Never seen a 32' with 2 axles. Are they torsion? I'd be worried about total weight so you don't overload it. Hope you have 16" tires. What's the rear overhang?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Don't loose sight of the correct tongue weight. I have a special scale designed for measuring that. I will sell it for $65.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Should have paid better attention in geometry or physics in school. Pretty simple calcs for weight distribution to figure it out without loading anything up. 32 feet minus 8 feet leaves 24 for car and golf cart. Don't think both will fit unless you have stacker. Put a tape measure on it and see. Paper and calculator are your friends.
Good luck.
Smokin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are 6 lug torsion axles. The rear overhang is 13.6 to the center of the axles. The car and golf cart have been in a 24.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
It all depends on how heavy you make the lounge thru construction and what you have in it plus travel supplies. Depends on how heavy the golf cart as to which will go in first, car or it. As previously noted, be careful on total weight. It's easy to get more in there than you think. You may very well end up with a trailer toad or one of the other tongue support wheel designs to keep excessive weight off the hitch and keep front wheels on the ground during a hard stop.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Go with a removable wall you can take down to load the buggy further forward. Still have most of your trailer length available, and will be able to seperate forward section for HVAC at track. Maybe acordian style sliding wall? Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
How in the hell are you getting a golf cart and a 90 Camaro in a 24 footer? My cart is 9ft. long with the back seat on it. That only leaves 15 ft. for a car.

·
Registered
693 Posts
"They are 6 lug torsion axles. "

A 32'er with two 5,200's under it? :(:(:(. GUARANTEED you will be overloaded with the car, golf cart, and lounge brother. Better carry several spares. There are too many factors to consider without more information. Mainly, how many/much of several heavy items in the lounge and placement. Such as, fresh h20 capacity, wastewater tanks, furniture, house battery/ies, fridge, cabinets, etc. Once built you will need to check empty tongue weight and go from there. I would guess car as far back as possible, then cart, then LQ. Honestly a 16" E rated tire/wheel upgrade is in order. Unfortunately the axle situation is what it is. An educated trailer dealer would/should have steered you into a better starting platform.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kenny I picked it up used for $2600. It needs tires now. Looks like we will go super light on the lounge. Air, micro wave, small counter top, no water, a light weight couch bed.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
how about a tool box, jack,jackstands, water , cooler and pit table ? IT seems like you wont have space for this kind of stuff

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Like you said , just build it as light as you can . You only really need a divider wall and some lightweight interior pieces . If you buy the interior stuff at an rv store it will be light weight . I would load the car and cart and go get the trailer weighed . That way you know how much weight you can safely add . Then load the car and cart where you want them to sit once complete , now measure the tongue weight . This will give you an Idea of what you have to work with . Probably will end up with the cart at the far back then the car (driven in forward), then your living quarters . I have seen this plenty of times , to me your axles are the biggest issue .

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
how about a tool box, jack,jackstands, water , cooler and pit table ? IT seems like you wont have space for this kind of stuff
I would build in compartments into the living quarters for this stuff . Possibly some in floor compartments , I had them in one of mine .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I’ve talked myself out of putting a hard wall up. It will give more flexibility on car placement. I want to put the cart in the back if possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts