Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for fluorescent lights in an enclosed trailer. I'm not looking for cheapest, I'm looking for something decent. Should I go with 4' lights, and if so, how many in a 24' trailer?

·
Registered
372 Posts
What exactly is a T8 fixture?? Thanks for your reply.
I'm an old electrician and T8 represents the diameter of the new lamps.... the new flourescent fixtures have gone away from the old T12....for everyone that doesn't know, the 8 stands for 8x1/8"=1" diameter as the old T12 were 12x1/8"=1-1/2". The same goes for incandescent lamps i.e. Par38 is 38x1/8"=almost 5" across, etc....lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
T8s use less energy and produce more light. The electronic ballast will light the T8 bulbs at lower temps most old style T12s will not light below 40 degrees. I have 4 two bulb fixtures in my 28 ft trailer lots of light. It came with T12s changed the ballasts and bulbs to T8. The newest fixture is a T5 but the skinny bulbs ( 5/8 ) scare me in a trailer, but the most light for the energy great for the garage.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have 4 - * foot double bulb fixtures on my ceiling. 6 years now and none have ever fallen. Bright as hell. All 4 are switched so If I dont want bright.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I ordered my Pace Daytona 28ft with four - 4ft dual lamp fittings.
It is very bright inside with the white finished walls.
However , I would recommend that you wrap some cable ties around the diffusers as I had one fall while my race car was being transported
and also a tube lamp too.
Broken glass tube all over the car that damaged my paintwork. :mad:
Needless to say , all my diffusers are now cable tied up to prevent any further accidents.
My lamp fittings run down the middle of the trailer.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
you can buy clear tubes made specifically for fluorescent bulb breakage at most home centers, the glass stays in the tube if one manages to break...

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
you can buy clear tubes made specifically for fluorescent bulb breakage at most home centers, the glass stays in the tube if one manages to break...
will still fall out with road travel. no matter what you use need to be zip tied.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have 2 four foot 2 tube T12's. My walls are white and the light is ok but I am thinking of going to the T8's and adding one more. You can't really ever have to much light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts