Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T/S 368E
31,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm not having luck on google, so it's probably easier for an internet dummy to just ask.

How much did you guys pay for the frame to lift you dragster front end.
Not the winch, just the frame, brace, cable & pulley's.

Just a rough number would work fine, thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I haven't seen what you are looking for. Maybe I'm reading more into it but I use a small trailer lift that can be bought from Northern Freight or Harbor freight. Took the ball off and made a square frame that rotates and fits under the front cross bar on my dragster. Strap the winch onto the axle of the lift. Lift the dragster and start winch. I paid $15.00 and a couple of buck in steel. Some welding. Works great. Northern Freight has two trailer dollies. one is $99.00 and the other is $59.00. I use the cheaper one bought from a friend.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure if you are wanting to lift the front-end up to load or raise it up in the trailer. If its to load a set of the plastics(they are stronger than the steel ones)ramps form Advance and place them under the rear tires of truck & drive up on them. This takes less than a min. and will raise the front of the trailer & allow you to load the dragster,beats using the jacks to load up.

I'm getting to the point where I may need to raise the front-end of my dragster(for more room)I'm thinking of using either some 2"X2" sq. tubing or 2" C-channel to build a frame from the floor up & across the top & use a small chain hoist.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I have seen several that were made by friends. Basically just 2X2 tubing welded into a U that attachs to the side wall supports and goes across the ceiling. Has a pulley that they use a winch with a lift the nose up. Nothing real crazy or expensive.

·
T/S 368E
31,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sorry for not being clear.
I'm looking for the cost of the style that lifts the front of a dragster inside a trailer.
Not trying to lift the trailer, a whole dragster or the rear of the dragster.
Basically a frame, pulley, cable & safety bar that goes across as mentioned^^.
Mostly for guys that bring a door car & dragster in a non-stacker.
Just looking for a rough idea on price. Doesn't sound like it should be very expensive, but you never know??

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Contact Kenny Anderson in FL, he has built several.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It will cost you around $100 to build your own. Word of advice. Build it in 3 pieces so you can bolt it together once its in the trailer. If not you will scratch your trailer up installing it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
T&E has some cool shit on their site there! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Just bought our trailer from T&E and debated back and forth about a lift. Decided no to in the end, may turn out to regret it. But we can get two dragsters in there (one forwards, one backwards) so that's fine. Just thought it might be nice to get a small car or large golf cart in there. Sticking with the scooter, so saved the dough. But their lift is very nice.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't suppose this would work so well with a front engine car, would need to find a way to support the car under the motor.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Actually, with any dragster, you should find a way to support the car mid-chassis, regardless of how it's carried -- even flat. Chassis saver if it's on the floor, or mid-chassis jack of some kind if it's hung. People I know with a front-end lift have either a second kind of lift support midway (cross bar supported on pulleys) or some kind of jack.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I'm not having luck on google, so it's probably easier for an internet dummy to just ask.

I have a home built dragster loading dolly and I live in Braidwood, I would take $25 (less than the cost of the steel) give me a call (815)-458-3178
Bill Baer.

·
TD 3550
2,956 Posts

Are we now thinking about "Pipe Rack"

T&E is right down the road...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey Mr Dragster. I generally get between $1,000 and $1,200 for a complete lift depending on the Winch we use. This includes wiring and a cradle for the front wheels. I build the assembly in pieces and paint it outside the trailer, install and do the final welding inside the trailer. This way all I need to touch up is the welded areas and it looks like factory. IMHO the bolted together ones look like an erector set was used. I guess just the framework less winch and wiring would be $700-$800. Hope this helps.

·
T/S 368E
31,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a home built dragster loading dolly and I live in Braidwood, I would take $25 (less than the cost of the steel) give me a call (815)-458-3178
Bill Baer.

Guys this was 2 years ago and I was trying to sell one of the lifts I got when I bought the trailer.
I don't have a dragster, and I was not asking to buy loading dolly??
I ended up leaving it in and building my nose holder on it.

Thanks.

You know better then that Sam!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts