Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an enclosed 24 footer..it has white interior walls and roof...I want to do the floor..its wood...what your guys opinions on this???..thanx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here's what I did...
I bought some grey outdoor style carpet from Lowes and glued it down in mine...
Made it real nice for the family and kids to lay around or play in there while at the track..
As long as your car doesn't have any leaks... That would be a mess im sure...

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I used Rustoleum Professional EpoxyShield (Home Depot sells it for $99/kit, need 1 kit for floor). Been down for 3 years now and it still looks great. 1 word of advice though that I did not do, add some anti slip ( or sand) right after you roll it on. Otherwise the floor will be a bit slippery when wet.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
I used Rustoleum Professional EpoxyShield (Home Depot sells it for $99/kit, need 1 kit for floor). Been down for 3 years now and it still looks great. 1 word of advice though that I did not do, add some anti slip ( or sand) right after you roll it on. Otherwise the floor will be a bit slippery when wet.

When I have bought my Trailers in the "Bare Stage" I either went with the Carpet or Rubber Coin & Marble. Since I saw this pic on a post months ago....This is the SHIT! Looks great & like he said...Its been holding up pretty good for a few years now. Best of luck to ya buddy whichever way you decide to go! :cool:

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I took the inexpensive way and used enamel porch paint on mine. I put some congoleum up front but the car is on painted surface. I repaint it every couple years and just sweep it out. Nothing trick but I bought the trailer new in 1996 and this picture was taken last year. I added sand to the ramp door and beaver tail area and it is not slippery even in rain. Here is the only picture I have with the trailer floor in it.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Not sure how that Rustoleum stuff holds up on wood personally but I know it has been on my concrete garage floor for 10 years and looks great still.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Vinyl is slippery
Rubber coin is hard to sweep
Grab two gallons of gery porch paint and a bag of med grit sand. Throw down a thick wet coat. Heavily throw in sand and let it dry. Lightly sweep the floor and recoat.
Looks good, not slippery, durable, and under $40.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Line-X box liner coating sticks like snot. Is impervious to fuel and oils. Blows off nice and clean with a pressure washer. Will last for 10 years or more- guaranteed! Don't have to put sand and shit down to get traction, you don't slip in the rain in the back of your pickup, do you!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i went to home depot to buy it they dont have the professional one...they have the stanard one..did u have to order it?..whats the difference???

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
i went to home depot to buy it they dont have the professional one...they have the stanard one..did u have to order it?..whats the difference???
No, it was a normally stocked item. The regular "Garage" version I believe, is water based, whereas the "Professional" is solvent based. Solvent based is suppose to be tougher.

There is another on-line place that sells it called Garage Toys..
http://garage-toys.com/ruepshpr.html , although you should be able to at least order it from Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Lowes or Menards has the pro stuff in stock

I can say for sure it needs 2 coats on a new floor, they say not to recoat for 15-18hrs but the pot life after mixed is 4hrs ... meaning you need to buy 2 kits or just go over it a hr later before putting the color chips on it. 1 coat isnt enough, and it does show tire marks a lot, dirt/oil shows a lot on it.. but both clean up easy with a little cleaner.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I can say for sure it needs 2 coats on a new floor, they say not to recoat for 15-18hrs
Ya, forgot to mention the 2 coats. The 2nd coat really brings it to life, the 1st coat looks more like a primer. I believe I did the 2 coats with just the 1 kit.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts