Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time buyers, give us do's dont's. What brand are you all using? With or without an aluminum encasement when it's not in use needed? Ease of install. Pics if you got em'. We want at least a 24' one for our trailer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Anything over 18 foot you have to have more support and sometimes a extra Support leg. Go to ur local rv place and look around. Have a 18 ft on mine.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Some of it depends upon the height of your trailer. If it's not a stacker style that's high, you can go with the cantilever style awning the full length and it can go out 12' to 15' without legs in the front.
There's several good vendors such as:
Unlimited
DMP
Holiday
RaceCanopies.com

For a full length 32' trailer for instance they are in the $4K-$5K range. Do a Google search for race trailer awnings...they all show up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought a Care-Free of Colorado (25') was about $1800. with the extra support leg, alumaguard and shipping. Took 1 day and 4 guys to install, was fairly easy just needed the extra guys because of the length. I'm very pleased with the ease of operation and the awning in general.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Question how do the carefree awnings and others hold up to some high winds.I have an electric mirage awning on my motorcoach and as soon as the wind picks up in retracts kind of annoying at times.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
We had a 25' A&E factory installed for just under $1,000 when we orderd our 28' Classic trailer. We use the awning to get out of the sun and if it's that windy it's usually is not that hot so we don't even put the awning up. Dealer told us we can order the awning now or we would be back in a year to have one put on......he was right. I wouldn't be at a track on a hot day without an awning. Just about doubles our pit area too.

Paul

There is another thread on here about "trailer must have's" that discusses awnings.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Question how do the carefree awnings and others hold up to some high winds.I have an electric mirage awning on my motorcoach and as soon as the wind picks up in retracts kind of annoying at times.
When there are HIGH winds I'm usually at the trailer, putting up the awning.....lol

·
T/S 368E
32,896 Posts

I had a custom A & E, as mentioned would never race again without it.
The extra support worked perfect on mine because of length I'm glad I didn't cheap out.
I also mounted extra brackets up high so we could walk & drive under it without bashing into it.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I have an electric awning on my trailer and don't like it.It takes very little wind to make it go up.I have an ez up I use all the time and love it.Don't cheap out.

·
Registered
556 Posts

I had a custom A & E, as mentioned would never race again without it.
The extra support worked perfect on mine because of length I'm glad I didn't cheap out.
I also mounted extra brackets up high so we could walk & drive under it without bashing into it.

I saw this on the other thread. How high did you end up mounting the extra brackets?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I have always wanted an electric awning--I never thought about it retracting too easily. My awning is 42'x12'--and it takes a fair amount of work to put it up. however, it is the best money I have spent racing.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
We are a Dealer for Unlimited Awnings. These are PRO Quality awnings and are built to last. I have personally had my Awning up in 45 mph winds and didnt worry a bit about it. Once you have on you will love it. Ours was 27 feet by 12 feet and sure made a difference on the Midway on those hot summer days at the track.
I will gladly quote prices if anybody wants one. Just need size,and zip code so you know what shipping would be.By my self I could put mine up in about 20 mins, now thats taking my time and putting up the frame as well as the canopy by myself.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
First time buyers, give us do's dont's. What brand are you all using? With or without an aluminum encasement when it's not in use needed? Ease of install. Pics if you got em'. We want at least a 24' one for our trailer.
Got your pm, I tried to reply but your box is full ..lol

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
We are a Dealer for Unlimited Awnings. These are PRO Quality awnings and are built to last. I have personally had my Awning up in 45 mph winds and didnt worry a bit about it. Once you have on you will love it. Ours was 27 feet by 12 feet and sure made a difference on the Midway on those hot summer days at the track.
I will gladly quote prices if anybody wants one. Just need size,and zip code so you know what shipping would be.By my self I could put mine up in about 20 mins, now thats taking my time and putting up the frame as well as the canopy by myself.
Brian, is yours the cantilever type awning? Shipping our radios out this week, so keep an eye out for them.
Mike

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Brian, is yours the cantilever type awning? Shipping our radios out this week, so keep an eye out for them.
Mike
Mike, Mine was a prototype one that was built for 24-28 foot reg car trailers.But now Unlimited has bettered their Cantiliver design and the is the best way to go for the Non-Stacker trailers.Unlimiteds cantiliver style can be put up in no time with 2 people.
We will keep a eye out for your radios !
Brian

·
T/S 368E
32,896 Posts
I saw this on the other thread. How high did you end up mounting the extra brackets?

I think I went about 2 more feet. Next time I'll know just go as high as I can reach right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have a Coleman Faulkner on my trailer, it's a 25ft'r and been there since 1997. It came with extra leg, but don't use it. I do use the center bar to keep it taught though. I can put it up/down in a matter of a minute myself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts