Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
There’s PJ1 trackbite, it’s what our local track uses, but when I go to local speed shops they have PJ1, Skinnys, and a couple others. I feel a lot of people (not tracks) make their own mixtures for the most part though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There’s PJ1 trackbite, it’s what our local track uses, but when I go to local speed shops they have PJ1, Skinnys, and a couple others. I feel a lot of people (not tracks) make their own mixtures for the most part though.
What are all the other ones you are talking about?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Straight MEK....I'm a hard-core street racer. Like Chief with more meth though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Straight MEK....I'm a hard-core street racer. Like Chief with more meth though.
LOL. serious note tho i bet with only MEK the tire would melt into a pile of goo. That shit is nasty. I had to do a race on virgin concrete once and we mixed 70/30 mix of LC7 and MEK and that burnout was the blackest thing you ever seen. the rubber on the ground was a thick ass patch. car wheelied prolly 12" from just the one burnout. it literally melts the tire and half of it is stuck to the road lol.

·
Registered
716 Posts
All the NHRA tracks used VHT for years. It would hook at 40 degrees and go away in the heat. Now they use JP1 and it is shit till it gets some heat in it. I will say though I have raced in St Louis and it hooked either way. Also my excursion to SGMP that fucking track hooks all the time using JP1.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
LOL. serious note tho i bet with only MEK the tire would melt into a pile of goo. That shit is nasty. I had to do a race on virgin concrete once and we mixed 70/30 mix of LC7 and MEK and that burnout was the blackest thing you ever seen. the rubber on the ground was a thick ass patch. car wheelied prolly 12" from just the one burnout. it literally melts the tire and half of it is stuck to the road lol.
Shit works good if you mix it right. And yes, the blackest of black rubber on the ground. Guy I know bought Stanfields old PS S-10 and was street racing it. Did couple trial runs with MEK mix, you can still see the marks 2 years later lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All the NHRA tracks used VHT for years. It would hook at 40 degrees and go away in the heat. Now they use JP1 and it is shit till it gets some heat in it. I will say though I have raced in St Louis and it hooked either way. Also my excursion to SGMP that fucking track hooks all the time using JP1.
Just an FYI - VHT is the former name for PJ1 ( they are the manufacturer of it PJH Brands)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts