Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, did some searching but couldn't really come up with much.

I already have both a main (big) sprayer and a hand one for the starting line. I want to revamp both and update/improve both.

The main one is currently a 100 gallon tank, uses nitrogen to pressurize and rubber hose and nozzles. Right now, I pressurize up to 30psi and can only go about 3-5 MPH with the 4-wheeler to get the coverage I want (for discussion sake, I spray straight VHT). I know and what to pressurize to 100-120 (shown to spray out the best around there) and need to switch over to metal lines and nozzles, I'm looking for anyone who works with a track or friends that uses a similar set up and might be willing to share some details about parts used, etc.

For a hand one I currently use a garden pump sprayer, are they any better options guys are using out there.

Not afraid to put in some work assembling or finding parts, just need to have the turned around within a week of taking the old one apart and trying to avoid any opps's or issues.

Thanks,

·
Registered
163 Posts
mine has an air tank i air up to 120psi.has regulators to set air pressure to compound tank(old vp 30gal barrell) and spray flow.also has on/off valve to send air to the barrell and on/off to release compound flow to spray.went to lowes bought galvanized pipe threaded on both ends and tee couplers to make a spray bar.you can get the pipe in several lenghts(10"-12" etc) to make it however long you want.if you make it real long you need to brace it or strap it to stabilize it or after awhile you'll snap a pipe.i placed a tee between each section of pipe to connect them and screw a nozzle in the bottom of the tee.put one tee in the center to recieve the compound from the barrell to feed the bar.been working for 3 yrs and sprays straight.i can make 4 passes before i go air it back up and i cruise around 10 mph.maybe this will give you an idea/thought to run with.as far as the hand sprayers,there is a good metal one on the market for about 150 bucks,but over the years i've had good luck with the 40-50 buck garden sprayer if you keep it clean.going back to the spray rig,if you want to go all out check out jims car shop.he makes the ones ihra uses for little over 3 grand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much VHT do you spray every week/race? Say it's a new virgin track, how much would need to be sprayed initially and then prep before every race? Also, what do you use to "drag tire" after spraying? Got pics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.