Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Milan friday night who saw the run Brian Robbins made in the skinny kid olds, with the disabled car in the other lane. That guy must have been shitten in his pants. I can't believe the track starter let the car go, or why did Brian leave on his run, he surely must have seen him. So much for track safety.

·
Registered
79 Posts
crash

thats why alot of racers don't come to milan. the track prep sucks look how long it takes before they change the glue for the track friday night.. it's like they what cars to crash and get loose before they do anything. this never wood happen at norwalk!!!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i think everyone in attendance was wondering what was up with that

·
Registered
634 Posts
Are you guys saying that a car was out on the track sitting there? or just at the starting line?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Are you guys saying that a car was out on the track sitting there? or just at the starting line?
the car was out on the track. i believe around half track correct? sounds like the norwalk starter on heads up night on friday nights. he is an ass also.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The car was on the track, can't tell you exact measurements of how far out. However, the car had broken down after a long, smokey burnout down the track. We all sat with our mouths hanging open in disbelief!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
thats why alot of racers don't come to milan. the track prep sucks look how long it takes before they change the glue for the track friday night.. it's like they what cars to crash and get loose before they do anything. this never wood happen at norwalk!!!!!
I would not say track prep sucks... Milan hooks no question!!! Now having a sitting duck halftrack and letting another car go down... dangerous and stupid.
I have seen a few slide jobs at Norwalk but would never say place sucks. Besides where else can you load up on icecream??? :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
track safety

what i'm saying is milan will let 6 cars blow the tires of before they even think about looking at it. there's still atlot more they could!!!

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
Guys any of you who have ran a national event would know this is not uncommon. I have made passes in both NHRA and IHRA where my competition broke on a burnout and was sitting still. Protocol is if the driver gets out of the car he is to exit and cross the wall while his opponet makes a single, qualifying or eliminations.If the driver stays in the car he should remain suited and buckled in. As long as the car is in the other lane and not on the centerline it would be acceptable. Not that its the best scenario but no more of a hazzard than any other object sitting still.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Guys any of you who have ran a national event would know this is not uncommon. I have made passes in both NHRA and IHRA where my competition broke on a burnout and was sitting still. Protocol is if the driver gets out of the car he is to exit and cross the wall while his opponet makes a single, qualifying or eliminations.If the driver stays in the car he should remain suited and buckled in. As long as the car is in the other lane and not on the centerline it would be acceptable. Not that its the best scenario but no more of a hazzard than any other object sitting still.
i have none this many of times at national and divisional events

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well if Randy would let us run when there is an import broke on the track ,maybe we could get more then 2 runs on a TnT night. Being that there is an import broke on the track 3 or 4 times a night in Orlando!!!:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well if Randy would let us run when there is an import broke on the track ,maybe we could get more then 2 runs on a TnT night. Being that there is an import broke on the track 3 or 4 times a night in Orlando!!!:mad:
lmao, they don't break, they run out of gas. Imports come to the track with less than a 1/4 tank because they say it slows them down with more than that in them.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i have none this many of times at national and divisional events
Yeah, they do it at the ADRL races, too. Car breaks on burnout, driver out and over the wall, and the other car makes its pass.

IMO, not half as scary as running cars against bikes, which still scares shit outta me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
x2 been there done that. not something i care to do however.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts