Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
T/S 368E
32,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So you send an email to the track owner and ask if they post the results, qualifying & ET's anywhere for a series you fit.
He writes back and says no we don't do that, it's a waste of time.

You write back, you are interested in the series, but heard it's not doing well and want some info before planning,
towing and spending a bunch of dough going there.
I also say, it might help get more cars, and some attention for the series??
He writes back, I don't care, I'm not posting or giving out any info on the series.

So then I post on the track forums, if anyone else can post the info that was there.
The owner then posts, what we do at our track is a secret, you have to come see for yourself.

Now maybe I'm missing it, but is doing it this way stupid, lazy or he's just a dick??
I don't want to go now, but it's close to a bunch of friends & family, and would like to have them watch us race once in awhile.

Opinions, thoughts, what would you do.
Also the payouts suck, and it's all driver sponsored, the track doesn't kick in a nickle, plus they take a cut off the top.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Kind of sounds like you answered yourself, now it just comes down to if you really want to go racing and see the family at the same time.
Maybe not race and see more of the family wouldnt be such a bad idea?
Sounds like the track guy has a really dry sense of humor or is a dick, wont know untill you go there though.Good luck.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
This day and age of bad economy I would think he would be real interested in giving information about what is going on at his track. I know that he could get a ton of e-mails and spend hours answering them only to have none of the people show up. Had a friend put on a top sportsman show a couple of years back. Highest payout for that summer. He had countless phone calls and answered hundreds of e-mails only to have 14 cars show up on race day. Even with that said he still should tell you what is going on come race season. Really don't think I would race his track.

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Also the payouts suck, and it's all driver sponsored, the track doesn't kick in a nickle, plus they take a cut off the top.
Maybe some of that attitude leaked out of your communication efforts?

goob- just sayin'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts