Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been racing at a track with 18 ft. elevation. Plan on going to a different track this weekend that has a 192 ft. elevation. What et difference can i expect ? I dont have a weather station, so i need a close estimate.

·
23,371 Posts
ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL (on Gas) probably about a hundredth of a second slower.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Doug Paddock.... Mr "Blingtific", will chime in here when he sees this.. Us that know him pretty well, also call him "Padlock"..
He lives in the "Mile High" World around Denver..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would kill to have a track to run at with those numbers ! Ours is +4356 with average DA between +7000-+8800 during the summer,cant even imagine Denver !

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
I would kill to have a track to run at with those numbers ! Ours is +4356 with average DA between +7000-+8800 during the summer,cant even imagine Denver !
NO SHIT!!! I think our lowest track around here (MT) is around 3000 ft, and highest is 5000+. We are jacked if the DA is anything less than 3k, and it never is!!! 190 ft, poor guy!!:p Oh, by the way, one time at one of our tracks here, one guy's weather station showed 9800 ft DA!!! I'm not kidding one bit!! That guy was up here from FL with the Midwest Wildbunch. It was a 6 sec. dragster, I think he was running 7.90's that day!! Elevation plus 100 degrees is the death of horsepower!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't think that the difference in actual elevation will make any difference as it is so slight, but you will see a difference depending on temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
NO SHIT!!! I think our lowest track around here (MT) is around 3000 ft, and highest is 5000+. We are jacked if the DA is anything less than 3k, and it never is!!! 190 ft, poor guy!!:p Oh, by the way, one time at one of our tracks here, one guy's weather station showed 9800 ft DA!!!
Here in the Pacific Northwest, we get it all. We go from a track that's just above sea level and with weather where we occasionally see negative DAs to tracks like Boise at several thousand feet and DAs over 5k. You gotta be on your toes and _have_ to have a weather station. BTW, I prefer the solution from iFamilySoftware.com over the CrewChief.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
One time at the Mile-Highs, temp over 100 degrees and corrected altitude over 10k feet. That is not a typo either. WJ said the air was so thin he saw some birds walking because they couldn't fly in the thin air.

Poor you .. don't let the anyone from Colorado see this .

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
NO SHIT!!! I think our lowest track around here (MT) is around 3000 ft, and highest is 5000+. We are jacked if the DA is anything less than 3k, and it never is!!! 190 ft, poor guy!!:p Oh, by the way, one time at one of our tracks here, one guy's weather station showed 9800 ft DA!!! I'm not kidding one bit!! That guy was up here from FL with the Midwest Wildbunch. It was a 6 sec. dragster, I think he was running 7.90's that day!! Elevation plus 100 degrees is the death of horsepower!!
I have never seen air better than 5500' corrected at Billings,Lewistown or Anaconda. I think Malta sees DA in the 3500' range. It is typicaly 6500-7000' @ lewistown and Anaconda. I have seen 8250 @ lewistown and 9000' @ Anaconda.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I was in Salt Lake last summer and the DA was 11,000 feet..........no kidding !Weather was about 92 degrees with way too much humidity.....I cant tell you how much but my buddies weather station had the air at over the 11,000 man the cars couldnt run.
That had moved from 8,000 earlier in the day , so my question would be how the hell you see the difference in 180 feet...............?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey we had the first all 7second field for pinks all out quick 8 and the air was 8000 + plus in cool night air and pushin 10k in the heat , we try a little harder to up here to run numbers all you guys are doing in good air , of course when we go out of town to far were screwed up on gearing and buzz the shit out of our iron

1 - 20 of 25 Posts