Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else care to comment on it? I've been out a couple times this year and it hasn't been good.
Hate to see a good local strip lose a lot of it's support.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I got one pass through 200' and it was good until that point. The pass would have been a low 20 or high teen on BFG radial tires. This was at the first OSM race in April.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It was alot better on sunday for the now idle OSM deal. Think the weather had alot to do with it...... or maybe they got a hold of some of the VHT from Pheonix! I am pretty sure they will figure it out. I know there are a few people that give a chit about the track and want to have a safe place to race. In my opinion.... Its just more growing pains. Its a shame the Ed isn't still leading the way. To bad the track couldn't give the man what he wanted and so rightfully deserved out there! I am sure there is a fix to the issues.... Just hope the issues are found soon so it dosen't wash away all the hard put in last season.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Ok, first things first, the person who says they ran 1.29 on rear tires? Well the clocks are 7-11inches high, so you went from hitting clocks with front end, to hitting with rear tires? Thats a differance of about 18feet, so then that means you were on about a .85 60ft time??? Man you folks need to get real, instead of always in lala land!
Next, that is an awesome race track! I ran .96 there last year, but.............. it is really rough, and does not really smooth out anywhere, I know that getting this resolved will be costly, so everyone needs to just be careful, and understand they are doing all they can for now, but I figure they will help the situation when they can, I really enjoyed being there last year, it had been a few decades or better since being there last. BG

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ok, first things first, the person who says they ran 1.29 on rear tires? Well the clocks are 7-11inches high, so you went from hitting clocks with front end, to hitting with rear tires? Thats a differance of about 18feet, so then that means you were on about a .85 60ft time??? Man you folks need to get real, instead of always in lala land!
Next, that is an awesome race track! I ran .96 there last year, but.............. it is really rough, and does not really smooth out anywhere, I know that getting this resolved will be costly, so everyone needs to just be careful, and understand they are doing all they can for now, but I figure they will help the situation when they can, I really enjoyed being there last year, it had been a few decades or better since being there last. BG

Haha absolutely.....it takes ALOT of height to 60 ft with the back tires.......ive been wanting to saying something on here for a while about this, as it seems alot of folks think the same.....glad you did it!!!

Ive only ever triggered the 60 ft clocks TWICE with the back wheels, with DOZENS of wheels stands, and my avatar is one of them (pic is with rear wheels right beside the 60 ft clocks)

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
There you have it Corky. It will be hard to find someone here with more experience to tell you about a tracks surface.

I only went one time and I thought it was a nice facility. What is there regular schedule for tnt or any type of heads up racing?

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,397 Posts

How the hell do you figure 18 feet? That would mean the wheel base is aproaching 215 inches. My 67 chevelle is barley longer then 18 feet front bumper to back bumper. Care to adjust your shitty math?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Growing pains at Kil-Kare? That place has been there since the late 50's early 60's. Ed may need to help the new mgmt. out some. The track has always been good for traction. Dont know about you guys that run them 10.5 tires though. For a conventional race car with lets say a 14x32 you can get down the track with no problems. While S/P was still 1/4 mile. A mid to high 7 second car was no problem. Had to get the chute out and be on the brakes to get stopped before the grass. Billy your dad had made a couple trips to Dayton in 71. He had the square back and the conv. car. He stayed with my boss a couple times. Garland parsons. He hauled the one car on a open ramp truck and the other on a trailer behind. Garland had the 69 Camaro conv. S/S car that Ron Puterbaugh drove. Car was called The "Northtown Missle" Ran S/SN...

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
I think Billy's Math might be a little skewed.

60 ft @ 1.29 would be 46.5 feet per second, ASSUMING the car was not accelerating, if the car was running at a set speed this would be correct.

Mine goes 1.14 -1.16 on a good run. When we trip it with the rear wheels it will go 1.2- 1.21. On my car. And yes I have tripped it with NOTHING but the rear tires SEVERAL times.

This run was 1.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIibUOA5ahs&playnext_from=TL&videos=KuGl3N8jpBA

This run was last weekend
1.190 60 ft

This was 1.161 in 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgNvtXTyZs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not knocking or hacking, I've raced out there for 15yrs and like the place. It's home when we don't travel but Saturday was miserable as was the previous Wednesday sessions. I watched a number of mid six second 1/8 mile cars having trouble Saturday.
My steamroller tired 34.5 car wasn't gonna make a 470 pass, no way no how. The track surface had no bite except at the start. 100' out it was crap.
Ed deserved to be paid and paid well after proving he could get the place in shape. I'll bet any amount of money that car counts will dwindle as the year progresses if they don't get their shyt together out there.
They need a starter that knows how to prep a surface, front to back.....Period

·
Registered
891 Posts
You have to realize it was also ~50 degrees on Saturday. No one will easily get down a 50 degree race track. We went 1.12 4.76 @ 150.50 on 33x15's on Sunday @ 2930. It was a little rough downtrack, but it was also still only 62 degrees....We love going there with Pete Ricart and Ed Parker for the OSM races. It's a shame what has happened and I hope she gets it worked out.
Ben Holt

·
Registered
580 Posts
We all can't have the perfect track. We just want a safe track to race on. Lets put our phuckin heads together and see what we can do to help the track and management make it better! Its easy to find the problems... But can we find some good outta things? There are a few people that are trying to keep things going in the right direction! Sometimes we are only one person though.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well, there are few things that can fix a rough track. i'm sure if you wanted to front the money to have it resurfaced they wouldn't turn you away. might even give you a free entry or two.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Who is running the track now? No money? No track experience,what is it? Havent been down the track since 01 but the last time there I had no problems with an 8 second door car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have to realize it was also ~50 degrees on Saturday. No one will easily get down a 50 degree race track. We went 1.12 4.76 @ 150.50 on 33x15's on Sunday @ 2930. It was a little rough downtrack, but it was also still only 62 degrees....We love going there with Pete Ricart and Ed Parker for the OSM races. It's a shame what has happened and I hope she gets it worked out.
Ben Holt
I guess that's why racing at Clay City,Bowling Green, Edgewater, and National Trail isn't done until it's 60 degrees plus and sunny?
It's bullshit that they can't get the surface right. Time to call in folks that know what the phock is up and get the place in shape. Resurfacing the track aint my job, it's the greedy folks at the gate that need to pay for it. I'll race elsewhere before I tear my shyt up while they experiment with how to make the track work.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts