Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size stall would u run on a 385 sbc with afr heads and dual plane intake?
cam is 2000-6000 rpm 230/236 576/570 113lsa
th400 and 3.23 gear on 26" tires

just a coverter I need, nothing special and car is n/a

I was thinking a 3600-4000

mainly for street driving but will take to track a lot.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
what gear are you running? what is the weight of the vehicle?

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
what size stall would u run on a 385 sbc with afr heads and dual plane intake?
cam is 2000-6000 rpm 230/236 576/570 113lsa
th400 and 3.23 gear on 26" tires

just a coverter I need, nothing special and car is n/a

I was thinking a 3600-4000

mainly for street driving but will take to track a lot.
Just a question, but why in the hell would you want a 3600 to 4000 rpm stall with a 3.23 gear? And why a 113 lsa cam on a N/A car? The stall will burn your shit up with that gear street driving.
Change gears before your converter!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THats the setup I have for now.

THe car will boosted by the end of the year. I just wanna cruise it a bit before boost it.

car will weigh less than 3250 with driver.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
THats the setup I have for now.

THe car will boosted by the end of the year. I just wanna cruise it a bit before boost it.

car will weigh less than 3250 with driver.
What kinda boost and will you be changing converters again once you do boost it?

If this were all NA, Id also like a converter that stalls around 3800ish for a driver. Buy good stuff and keep it cool and you wont burn it up with the mild gear, but a 3.73 sure wouldnt hurt your cause.

If you are definitely gonna boost it, the car would still get around just fine with a tighter converter, which will work out well once you boost it.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
What kinda boost and will you be changing converters again once you do boost it?

If this were all NA, Id also like a converter that stalls around 3800ish for a driver. Buy good stuff and keep it cool and you wont burn it up with the mild gear, but a 3.73 sure wouldnt hurt your cause.

If you are definitely gonna boost it, the car would still get around just fine with a tighter converter, which will work out well once you boost it.
I blow through my 4500 8" with 300 shot. Had to buy a 9" for it, boost will be similar.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
2800 bigger will give ya problems!
trust me!
rear gears are not high enough for starters!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

turbocharged and yes change converter later.
Right now just need it running and drive it around a bit

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I had a 5000+ lb 74 Pontiac Grand Prix with an iron headed 462 inch Poncho in it. A cam that was just slightly smaller than yours and a 3.42 gear out back with a 10 inch that stalled 3800 on foot brake behind it.

Drove that car for years and never had any problems, had a 250 hit on it also. Car still had A/C, power steering, power brakes, tilt, cruise, the whole works.

Also ran 7.2xx's in the 1/8 mile back in the early 90's on a 9 inch slick. That car was a blast, wish I still had it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts