Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the various ways to tow a drag bike to the staging lanes and then back to the pit from the top end

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hit the newbie thread, phuckstick!
Finally got to do that, lol.

You can use a 4 wheeler, golf cart, or scooter. We use a 50cc scooter with the retractable strap from Summit. A lot of the PS car guys use the same strap. Some people push the bike using a scooter, but my knees can't take the abuse.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Can I ask why you cant ride it back? We have several high 7 second bracket bikes around here that ride back.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I watch a whole field of high 6 second Pro Street bikes ride back all the time. Depends on what kind of clutch you run. I have sliders on my Supercomp and ProET bikes. They get towed. Standard stock clutch on my Vtwin Et bike. That one gets ridden back.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've always used a 3/8" nylon rope hooked to tow vehicle & I feed it between the handlebar mounts on the triple tree then over to the left hand grip. If needed I relax my grip on the handlebar and I'm separated from the tow vehicle.
Other option is to have one of your friends push you with a moped or similar.
Both have their advantages / disadvantages.

I have a 2-stroke / slider and have to be pulled / pushed back.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
I made a detachable tow bar about 20 inches long that hooks in under the top fairing.The way I designed it was so the retractable strap doesn't tear on the upper fairing .Hook it up for towing and un hook it when not needed, We will be using a gas golf cart as the bike weighs around 950 pounds plus my weight as well so a heavy pig to tow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts