Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
billy g do you think ford had a cylinder head that will make a ford competitive in nhra pro stock??

also a few years ago my engine builder (mike felber) said he came by your place and bought a bunch of old parts from you.
he was taking pictures of my 427 as he was putting it together for me in his shop and i noticed in one of the pics a set of hemi heads sitting on his work bench. i asked mike about the heads and he told me he bought them from you and they were from some of your dads left over old pro stock parts.
i thought he told me the hemi head was for a ford small block from way back when, but the heads never made it on a motor. do you recal anything about the heads??mike said he was building a ford motor for a guy for his tractor puller and the heads were goin in this motor.

any info on these would be of interest to me.

thanks

bill

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billy what about a big block ford??i know the shot gun motor had a hemi head did ford make a proto type hemi head for pro stock other then for the shot gun motor?

thanks for the reply.

bill

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
There have been a few different versions of the heads, but none of them are allowed in nhra prostock. I actually pulled out one of the old hemi engines early this year, but they told me I could not use it in todays prostock? Somehow it is not on the approved list, this engine had been together since 1996, and never touched, oh well, it saved me a bunch of time and money. BG

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHO ACTUALLY MADE HEADS BILLY???DID FORD DEVELOP AND TEST THESE HEADS OR DID THEY COME FROM THE AFTERMARET SEGMENT??
WHAT KIND OF POWER WOULD THIS HEMI MOTOR PRODUCE??OR IS THAT AN UNKNOWN.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I will have to say I don't really know the answer to the maker? Maybe Alan Root? As for the power possibilities? I don't know? I have not been working on any of the hemi parts, not since the winter of 1995. BG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts