Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using them? Im looking for a good set of heads for sbf f1r. I have the afr 205's right now and limited with pushing my setup a litlle harder.

·
Registered
482 Posts
They're a great company with great products from what I've heard from others. I will be purchasing a set from them in the up coming month for a similar setup.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're a great company with great products from what I've heard from others. I will be purchasing a set from them in the up coming month for a similar setup.
which heads are you getting?

·
Registered
482 Posts
245 TFS High Ports as my engine is setup for the inline heads.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Very good heads, some of the best out there. and the best in the highports ,IMO

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my current setup is 393 sbf, 205 afr heads, prosystem carb, super victor manifold, F1R @ 22lbs, air to air, ais meth kit, neal pg, neal chance converter, 373's, 28 10.5 hossiers. Best et to date 8.9 at 151. My setup has more in but the heads i have are maxed out. Im thinking about the tfs 255 high port? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
696 Posts
my current setup is 393 sbf, 205 afr heads, prosystem carb, super victor manifold, F1R @ 22lbs, air to air, ais meth kit, neal pg, neal chance converter, 373's, 28 10.5 hossiers. Best et to date 8.9 at 151. My setup has more in but the heads i have are maxed out. Im thinking about the tfs 255 high port? Any suggestions?
Are u sure ur heads are maxed out ? i have a 331 with afrs 205s & im running 8.70s @ 158 on 28x10.5 slick & 3.73s & i still i a little more left in it. Im also running a smaller supercharger than a f1r, i have a YSI. How much power are u making? & How much does ur car weigh mine weighs 3200 lbs

·
Registered
482 Posts
Take it for what it's worth but when talking TEA they stated they have guys making 1200 - 1300hp on the 225cc high ports.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
prob would do the 225 highport if street car, maybe even the 240/245 heads. the 255 has large runner & 55* valve job and more race only oriented.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are u sure ur heads are maxed out ? i have a 331 with afrs 205s & im running 8.70s @ 158 on 28x10.5 slick & 3.73s & i still i a little more left in it. Im also running a smaller supercharger than a f1r, i have a YSI. How much power are u making? & How much does ur car weigh mine weighs 3200 lbs
im making more less about 1050. Its been a while since ive dynoed the car. Its weighs 3100.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
prob would do the 225 highport if street car, maybe even the 240/245 heads. the 255 has large runner & 55* valve job and more race only oriented.
my stang is a full out race car. TEA recommended the 225 or 245's. For the bore size that i have which is the 4.030/3.850 stroke.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use TEA for all my cylinder heads, They are top notch. I am a dealer for them and could help you out with your combo if interested give me a call at 302-373-9296 Thanks Ed Thomas. My personal car has a set of 225 CNC high port heads and has been 7.80's at 3340 lbs with a C4 and on 275 radials. :)

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
my stang is a full out race car. TEA recommended the 225 or 245's. For the bore size that i have which is the 4.030/3.850 stroke.
Ok. let me rephrase that, max effort, .900" lift kinda set-up with the large runner ,and mainly the 55* valve job as it decrease low lift flow and helps top flow among other things it helps. plus it only comes with Titanium atleast intake valves are like $4000-4500 range.

and i'm a dealer for them as well

·
Registered
117 Posts
The air to air is killing your power and boost. I'd fix that before doing heads. I ran low 8's with AFR 225's on a 360" motor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You may be a newb...... But you have a killer avatar!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I had to try and fit in somehow.

Why do you say that? Do you think it would be better to run without one and just spray meth?
Taking it off would increase your boost, and may not even increase your air temps. They are very restrictive. When I had one with an F-1R, the air was still so hot that it was melting air temp sensors.

Running without one can be tough. Although, the NMRA Renegade guys do it. If you race 1/4 mile you have to have the tune correct. It may not be much different than what you are doing now. Do you have a way to log or read air temperature?

I would put an air to water on it if it were mine.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
The air to air is killing your power and boost. I'd fix that before doing heads. I ran low 8's with AFR 225's on a 360" motor.
Not saying your wrong bout his A to A intercooler, but you have larger heads on a smaller engine too.

225's on a 360" engine, whereas he has 205's on a larger 393" engine.
An engine beside airflow, needs adequate volume for a given size/rpm too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks. I had to try and fit in somehow.

Taking it off would increase your boost, and may not even increase your air temps. They are very restrictive. When I had one with an F-1R, the air was still so hot that it was melting air temp sensors.

Running without one can be tough. Although, the NMRA Renegade guys do it. If you race 1/4 mile you have to have the tune correct. It may not be much different than what you are doing now. Do you have a way to log or read air temperature?

I would put an air to water on it if it were mine.
I run one on my YSi, it's a vertical flow 28.5" wide, 6" H and 3.5" deep, 3" inlet and a 3.5" outlet. the intercooler along with a dual nozzle meth kit and my IAT temps were 75-85 degrees.

Although-I am thinking the intercooler was holding back my YSi. I was only seeing 16-17 psi ( 8" crank, 2.75 blower with a 6600 rpm shiftpoint, 10 rib)and the car ran [email protected], 3650lbs on pump gas and meth. I actually pulled the YSi off an put a F1R back on but haven't tested it yet-I know the F1R runs wayyy hotter.

I was thinking of pulling off the cooler, adding another meth nozzle and increase the piping from 3" to 3.5" from the blower to the throttle body.

I think if i can keep the temps under 150 with meth only that should be good.

Although another thing killing me is my compression-it's a 10.25-I was thinking of putting in some thicker gaskets to bring it down to 9.75-going from a .051 to .075.

A2W is not option for me since this is my daily driver street car-and there's no place to package it properly.

I see alot YSi cars running real good with no coolers at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts