Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are you using for a torque converter for high horsepower turbo applications. I talking over 1000 rwhp. I'm a nitrous guy and I'm helping a friend build a turbo car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Neil Chance is what we use here.... Alot of guys are using the pro torque also...... I think the Chance is a little easier on transmissions tho.... Pro Torque will go faster once you figure the suspension out!!!!

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Had a Neil Chance and about melted the transmission trying to get it to spool. Stuck in a converter with no name on it a friend had and it worked 100 times better. That same no name converter is now at ATF getting checked out and rebuilt for my exact combination.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a PTC for sale. It is in the for sale. I have the number of runs on it listed. He can call PTC and ask if it will work for his application and save some money.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
We have had good luck with our Chance converter, it was from a very big cube n20 engine. We leave on 4200-4300rpm at 15-18psi with 47-88s, 4-7% slip on the big end depending on the combo of trans fluid we are running.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I have a PTC, Ultimate Lenny, and a Neal Chance...all good converters..just different taste and characteristics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts