Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has everyone had good luck with as far as a converter manufacturer for this N/A stuff? I have been using Coan since they build the trans. Is 7inch the hot setup still?

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
Who has everyone had good luck with as far as a converter manufacturer for this N/A stuff? I have been using Coan since they build the trans. Is 7inch the hot setup still?
I use ATI, and we did use ATI in both cars. My buddies 700R4 was night and day difference with an ATI at the same stall rpm

I also have a friend who has a nostalgia super stock automatic car which doesn't get many runs on it, he runs Coan and its been in there for at least 8-10 years but only gets maybe 20-30 runs a year

·
I like IceCream
11,029 Posts
I have a one of Coan's billet alum stator deals in mine. I run it every weekend. Also competed in Drag Week with it pulling a trailer. Worked out very well........I used to run the ATI.......sold it.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
To find what works best, send it back with feedback and keep at it. No one hits it perfect right out of the box every time, its just like a carb.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never said it wasn't hit the first time. I just asked a question on who people like for their N/A converter choice. The inquisition can be paralled by carb selection...you'll never know if carb company B can make you more hp than your current carb company unless you try.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Coan powerglide and converter in 10 yers never ever any problem. :)

From 800 to 1800 hp not even a ´klick´.... :)

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
FTI does a great job and service second to none. I tried Coan... and I'm still waiting for ATI to call me back... guess my money wasn't good enough.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I never said it wasn't hit the first time. I just asked a question on who people like for their N/A converter choice. The inquisition can be paralled by carb selection...you'll never know if carb company B can make you more hp than your current carb company unless you try.

Yeah whatever, your going to get every name there is, LOL lots of help.

I will play, I use A-1 and Marv Ripes one of the last he made when the place got sold and he was teaching the new guys. Its been back twice to be changed not because it was broke.:smt102

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Lenny @ UCC.. The 8in. stuff has come a Looooooooong way also.

·
Registered
870 Posts
FTI does a great job and service second to none. I tried Coan... and I'm still waiting for ATI to call me back... guess my money wasn't good enough.
Be glad ATI didn't call you back. Especially on a big ci SBC with non-23 deg heads.

I spent a year and multiple attempts to work with them to get the converter right. Gave up. Put the ATI on the shelf and ordered a new Chance converter. The ATI is now a $1800 paper weight.

Marty was great to work with. Went too far the other way on the first attempt, but unlike ATI he listened and reviewed my datalog and drilled it the second time for no charge (also unlike ATI).

Second time out with my Chance converter, picked up .07 in 60' with no other changes. That carried through to about .12 improvement in the 1/8th IIRC.

Jason G.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts